AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Williwaw
Williwaw
@williwaw
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2012 5:31 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 281 / Replies: 3374
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Wendell, whatever the outcome, I just have to say how valuable this forum has been to me. I stumbled upon it too long a go when I was still a wet behi...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

Just used mine yesterday to bust through the pavement and a foot and half of hard packed gravel to recover a section and quarter corner that were pave...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Trouble with Rinex Files

@sgorm8989 Paul hasn't been around here in quite some time. This thread is 12 years old. You can open a rinex file as a .txt file and play around with...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Title Insurance Claim?

I can't see any reason to have a meandering boundary along the north lot lines unless it was intended to follow the creek which would form a natural m...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Boundary survey

Over the years I've had a number of close encounters with both Grizzly and Black bears and up to a point I really didn't consider Blackies to be much ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Hardpacked County Road

Thinking back to my spud bar days trying to break through a frozen hard packed gravel road, I'd kiss the tuchus of the man that invented that rotohamm...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Practical Question at My Own House: Called Rebar at Corner, But Fence Posts/Concrete Are in the Way

The really fun ones are the back corners that fall at the intersection of 4 head high wood privacy fences ready to fall over and intersect so that the...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Squatters

Client leaves out a key detail like that, I'm asking myself what else did they not divulge.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

Usually when I see reference monuments or RMs, they're random, more like formal control points for which DOT or whoever has published the coordinates ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Lawyers, guns and money

Boundary Line Agreement?

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

Those are essentially unicorn conditions, not the 95% of the areas I work in. Mr. Moe is in Big Sky country. I nearly always have to deal with multipa...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

I think I've been setting corners with RTK for at least 20 plus years. Even when I'm using a total station, the control that I'm occupying with it, I ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Is a JAVAD Triumph-VS an upgrade to a Trimble R8-3?

@jimcox Having used both, the R10-2 is light years ahead of the R-8 working under canopy. I'd occasionally get bad initializations with the R8 and pos...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Bronze tablet marking corner with private owners name

Graveyards are chock full of them. Sorry, couldn't resist.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Don’t you just love fence company’s!!!

Not just fence companies, utilities do the same thing. Just remember that the guys wielding the shovels usually aren't the sharpest crayons in the box...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: I just don’t get people

@gary_g No building permits required here outside city limits. Real bummer they didn’t pay heed to a platted easement. No easy fixes.

6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 2140
Reply
RE: Project Teasing

One of the reasons I didn't stick it out with my own company was the drain on my energy dealing with nickel and diming Tom, Dick and Harrys, jerking m...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Discrepancy Between VRS (Company 1) and Base Station/Rover (Company 2)

Had one recently, road project, our people needed some exhibits done so they gave me the CAD files from the contractor. First thing I did was call the...

6 months ago
Page 3 / 183