AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Tom Bushelman
Tom Bushelman
@tom-bushelman
Free
Joined: March 4, 2011 3:13 pm
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:10 pm
Topics: 51 / Replies: 423
Reply
RE: Surveying in non-existent towns

I got a call yesterday for a survey in a subdivision well known as a surveying disaster. I can often provide a quote without a site visit but thought...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Title Insurance Claim?

I think the very essence of the issue is a title problem and title insurance should cover it. I had a job just a couple years ago in which I was paid...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Which practice do you use and why?

In my colonial state, I love to see all three start at the same point. Everything fits together nicely and forevermore it is apparent that they were ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Submitting surveys- a poll

We can submit a few counties around here digitally.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Don’t you just love fence company’s!!!

It took two days of drilling to get over 20 pins set in a commercial lot across the street from the Brass Ass. On our return, the fence company was v...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Never say never about the flood plain

Thats pretty cool. I did a survey for a guy who lived in an old house that his grandpa had pulled from the Ohio River during the 1937 flood as it cam...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Flagging corners

I really like very visible property corners for all to see. I do flag found corners hoping that the landowners and surveyors alike can more easily fi...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What izz-zit?

It sure looks like an axle to me. In my neck of the woods, anything at a corner especially if it fits is surprisingly awesome. I wouldn't even blink...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

I would read a cardinal direction written as north to be somewhere between N 45 W and N 45 E and in my colonial state, even that leeway is not enough.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting up a Trimble Base to broadcast via NTRIP?

There is a company called DAC that can provide a sim card with a static IP address without the $500 setup fee the phone companies like to charge and t...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Looking for Updated List of Online Degrees

Cincinnati State Community College actually has a fantastic 4 year surveying degree that is online and incredibly affordable. In my opinion, a better...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

I ask myself that on most of my surveys (colonial state). "Starting at an oak tree by the road" or some such nonsense is the norm.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

Boy howdy are we.   I had to write a paper on this very subject in college a couple years back ( a few decades ago), and if I remember right,...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bob design thought

Hard to ignore Barbara. She's a hottie.

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Drafting...

I pick the POB carefully, and go in the direction that makes it easiest to draw for example, coming at a curve from the tangent end (for example a roa...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Take care of the little guy as if you will be dependent on him someday

I drive one of those "alumaduties" now and got rearended a couple weeks ago. The steel Reese hitch held up great but all of the aluminum in the vicin...

10 months ago
Page 1 / 24