Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 3, 2026 2:10 pm
I'm estimating in my non-recording state that 95% of all of the pins I recover do not have a solid paper trail. Finding a pin that can be proven to b...
I despise a fixed height rod except of course that it is idiot proof. Kentucky terrain and foliage does not lend itself to carrying around something ...
One survey in my entire career had the ability to shoot every corner from one setup and in fact it wasn't even my survey, just one I was helping on. ...
He did start off with a low slung Mustang GT up there. Ended up with an F-250 before he switched to the dark side and went Dodge.
My nephew got stationed in Minot for six years in the Air Force. They said there was a beautiful girl behind every tree. Turns out there aren't any ...
ROW monuments here in Kentucky are historically bad and mostly not held which drives me crazy. It goes against everything surveyors hold dear in that...
Great find! That's dedication, especially without a good beep.
This is the first time that I have heard the term. It does seem like a handy idea.
Network network network. If you are in the Cincinnati area, you can go to the ISPL, PLSO, and KAPS meetings. The Kentucky meetings are on the 2nd Tu...
Working with ROW sheets is my least favorite part of surveying. With the stuff I've worked with, over 19 sheets I would expect potentially hundreds o...
That has always stuck in my craw. In every other instance, tall, plainly visible monuments that have been in place for a long time and relied on beco...
Sometimes 30-40 feet. And over the years, the official method to place right-of-way markers changed from being 12" inside the right of way to 9" to a...
Kentucky Association of Professional Surveyors puts out a fine newsletter/magazine, edited by our own Jon Payne here.
I've been a big fan of Javad equipment for several years now. If you live in a state requiring Relative Positional Accuracy reporting requirements, I...
Boy howdy! Occasionally you will discover the capstone to the entire project from a helpful neighbor so you are sort of obligated to listen but it ca...
Several decades ago, back when a lot of important stuff was chained in because the newfangled EDMs were not 100% trustworthy, we always did a backsigh...
I'm not the right guy to ask but I don't think there are any latency issues. I know many surveyors that use cell corrections (TCP) as the daily stand...
Yes sir and it is a game changer.