Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
FL/GA PLS., post: 439303, member: 379 wrote: yea, and re-level the gun. :cool:ROFL :p.. when you've strategically set your traverse point adjacent an ...
voidintheabyss, post: 439236, member: 11972 wrote: I have been doing a lot of road topo lately, and trying to communicate with my Instrument Man over ...
Field Dog, post: 439286, member: 9186 wrote: Go to setup screen, enter occupied point as 2and backsight point as 1000Really all that does is put anoth...
Kent McMillan, post: 439162, member: 3 wrote: I count 50 tempered steel links in that chain, so it's a 10-vara chain. The links are brazed closed and ...
Gene Kooper, post: 438303, member: 9850 wrote: An aside: Anyone have any photos of an old 10-vara chain. I found a couple of references that state it ...
Kent McMillan, post: 438902, member: 3 wrote: East '/2 of No. 106 (creative typography, I suppose)[SARCASM]Apostrophe divided by two equals umlaut. [/...
Kent McMillan, post: 438965, member: 3 wrote: I don't see any way that "calls" could be read as "oath", either in the context or the actual handwritin...
It seems to me that if you spend $400MM on these software programs there has to be a way to link an on-screen point entity to a meta file in the job d...
flyin solo, post: 438901, member: 8089 wrote: and regardless of that word is, sounds like a b.s. explanation on his part- a cursory look at it would g...
A Harris, post: 438729, member: 81 wrote: Liquid Wrench was once a good product.It has been reduced to an smelly oily substance compared to the origin...
FL/GA PLS., post: 438232, member: 379 wrote: Unwittingly, your Holiness, you have provided a regular poster with additional ammunition apprutennent th...
I'm gonna' guess 'foul chain' if there's a right or wrong answer, and we win something for being correct.
I'm guessing here, at one time the positional tolerance for a monument, as defined by the MTS was a +/- 0.10 wouldn't that fall in an average paint do...
Mark Mayer, post: 438137, member: 424 wrote: Eliminate the penny, dollar coins, hanging chads, metric system, etc.[SARCASM]yeah but, let's hang on to ...