AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: HP 3800A Distance Meter Operating Manual

In 1972 the engineering company where I worked bought a 3800. A few months later my boss was showing around some instructions he had for wiring a 12 v...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Buell v. Mathes (Oregon, 1949)

So, what roll, if any, did the Oklahoma Supreme Court play in these farmed out opinions? At least in Arkansas from the appeals court up, the judges wr...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Buell v. Mathes (Oregon, 1949)

Years ago my wife said to me "You spend so much time reading law why didn't you go to law school?" I answered "I never did any of my homework when I...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Buell v. Mathes (Oregon, 1949)

CliffsNotes - Part One - Beams v. Werth This case began with two owners who derived their title from a common grantor. Both claimed ownership to a s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Collection agencies

1. Pay on delivery. No check, no survey. Bad checks go to the local prosecutor for recovery.2. Work by contract. Learn your states process for filing...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Buell v. Mathes (Oregon, 1949)

Lawyers make very little money on boundary cases, so they aren't going to spend a lot of time studying the case law. Most will avoid boundary cases if...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Buell v. Mathes (Oregon, 1949)

"This is a typical case ....." Typical. Maybe, but the property in dispute has more importance than most garden variety boundary cases. One party ne...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Topo Procedure For Me Today

I wish I hadn't looked at that link. I feel a headache coming on. I'm wondering if the careful work you did had any value unless it included some temp...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Topo Procedure For Me Today

Temperature as a factor?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

My opinion is based on the distinction of technical work compared with a professional evaluation or opinion. I like the AI response I got for "state...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

In my opinion, the only topo/elevation work that should be limited to a survey license is a professional opinion of the flood location/depth derived f...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Adoption of the BLM Manual in State statues or regulations?

This is one of those discussions that make me glad I'm retired. Some of these statutes are directed at surveyors and couldn't be held against landowne...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Please End Our Debate on This Federal Note!

Was the line nothing more than a "paper" survey? The 80 chain distance and lack of topo calls in the eastern half do seem odd. But nothing in the note...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Please End Our Debate on This Federal Note!

My wife does genealogy with years of reading old script. She agrees with bill93 that abbreviated words often had the last letter raised with a dot und...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Please End Our Debate on This Federal Note!

Note that running East he "set a" something.   Running West he "set the" something.   I read that to mean he moved the monument wha...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Is There Ever a Time Not to Hold a Long-Standing Corner?

I think that basing present boundary opinion on possible future events is disingenuous. Furthermore, there is no need to make all corners either con...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Attorney revised my stamped Exhibit map

The original post implies that a portion of the original drawing was reproduced in the revised map, rather then using the information to create a new ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

My boundary is a stone wall. There it is! The boundary is the wall. Why do surveyors feel the need to refine the boundary to a mathematical vert...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

"existence of numerous exceptions to legal precedents" It would be an arbitrary and capricious act for courts to make numerous exceptions to legal p...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

"I would say.. not necessarily." I agree because I have no case law on point. Thus there is an element of speculation on my part. And secondly, it ...

1 year ago
Page 8 / 9