AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

A surveyor should only set a monument when it is necessary to indicate his opinion on a corner's location. The decision to set a monument is at the di...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

lurker In a retracement survey, all a surveyor has to offer his client is an opinion on the boundary location. The opinion may indicate an existing ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

It seems I hold a minority opinion on the subject of pin cushions. I admit that pin cushions are confusing to landowners in the same way that a differ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

I can't say that I like pin cushions but I don't see them as a problem either. They do serve to inform the public in a couple of important ways. Bound...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Shoot The Sun

From the 1980s I had a Radio Shack time radio to take to the field. With the radio on, I set a stop watch with a lap function to zero on 'minuet' then...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

I want to back up to the beginning of this discussion. As a surveyor I prefer rules that are unwavering and absolute, such as 2 + 2 always equals 4....

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

I didn't mean to be critical of any method of surveying. What I did want to point out is that precision and redundancy are two different items of impo...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

There is much to be said for maintaining a high level of precision. But I always thought that the value of redundancy was eliminating blunders. We sho...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

  No to the first question, yes to the second, provided there is a significant distance between the two occupied points. In a case where the ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Single Total Station Instrument Setup Boundary Survey

All critical measurements of a boundary survey should have some element of redundancy. The closure of a traverse provides a check of all angles and di...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

Should surveyors always base their surveys on Principles of Surveying or is there room for consideration of principles of law? To introduce the next...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Humphrey v. Huls

Around here, clerks don't normally do anything outside of that required by statute. During my career surveys were indexed by the person commissioning ...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Humphrey v. Huls

It's a mixed bag here in Arkansas. The clerk here on some things makes a marginal note on documents that have been updated to show the new location, s...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Humphrey v. Huls

In the opening post, Norman_Oklahoma gave us two reasons of interest to surveyors. First is the court's application of facts to the legal argument tha...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Humphrey v. Huls

The link given did not produce for me the whole text of the opinion.This one worked for me:

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

Before I go on with other exceptions where the principles of surveying are at odds with principles of law, I have some more observations of ambiguitie...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

@kim I think there are a few things that you should consider. Surveyors do not have any authority over landowners, land tracks, or the boundaries t...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

While I agree with the above, I would caution surveyors in the use of such evidence. It's a good idea to limit your opinion of the boundary location t...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

Topo work is technical, primarily measurement of what already exists. It can be a very complicated process. And yes it can waste a lot of money in a p...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

@eapls2708 Some of your assumptions are wrong. Judging by your avatar photo, you're of an age I use that photo because it makes me look much y...

1 year ago
Page 7 / 9