AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 3:29 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: Why? Too long. Too Short

I agree. Lots are created to be sold with a warranty deed, whereas streets are a dedication to the public without a guarantee—it is what it is.

2 hours ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I remember studying this 50 years ago. I no longer have the book, so thank you for posting it. My own ideas run contrary to Brown’s, but before I of...

3 hours ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Getting back to the discussion question - "What do you put on the plat." What do you show when record title leaves a gore between adjoining owners? Do...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

I support the vigorous policing of the profession by State Boards. Where warranted, a full investigation should determine whether the survey has profe...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

I think the government could demonstrate a compelling interest in requiring a tie to a GLO corner—one that would survive First Amendment scrutiny—when...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

What distinguishes a rural survey that requires a tie to a GLO corner from an urban survey that doesn't have that requirement? And what does the surve...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

I don't think I fully understand what that means. When does a monument become an existing monument of record? And what constitutes failing to use it? ...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

A lot of what State Boards require on a retracement survey plat is what a competent surveyor would want to do anyway. I just think it is a mistake to ...

5 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

A division of property is more than an opinion by the surveyor. It is the landowner who signs the plat that creates the separate tracts, and it is the...

5 days ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

I thought when @norman-oklahoma mentioned the Doctrine of Merger the question was answered. Unless the other lots are given an easement on to Lot 10, ...

6 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

  So, Kansas surveyors are doing it to themselves? Over-regulation and micromanaging will transform surveying into a technical trade instead of...

6 days ago
Reply
RE: Access easement question

Sell Lot 10 first with a non-exclusive easement to the County Road. Sell Lot 9 next with a non-exclusive easement to the County Road. Sell Lot 8 n...

7 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

If I had to come out of retirement and do surveying in Kansas, the first thing I would do is make a sizeable donation to the Institute for Justice, an...

7 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

Maybe 'cow' is right—"Surveyors are the dumbest..." When an attorney files a complaint, the court clerk can reject it for the wrong paper size, inco...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

You are a long way from Arkansas, so I'm confused. Educate me—what does a 'county surveyor office reviewer' have to do with your practice of surveying

1 week ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I agree that a surveyor is not obligated to do more than what they contracted to do. Personally, I always considered a boundary survey to be a contr...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Very true. But a surveyor never ever sets, establishes, or determines a boundary. Only the landowners or the courts have the authority to do that, whe...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

Back in the day, some surveyors got rich setting pins where the client (or real estate agent) wanted. Some knew better, some didn't. Maybe things have...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

      "We did not set any new monuments." What is the surveyor actually trying to say here—"This might be the boundary, but I'm...

1 week ago
Page 1 / 9