AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 3:29 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat? Let me rephrase the question, "When record title indicates one location for a boun...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

The post I made referred to the State repository for deeds, not surveys, and the State doesn't validate those(deed) records. Is that an answer to...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

MightMoe said it and I'm in complete agreement ... "And remember courts don't convey ownership in these cases, they identify it",  

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat? Those title folks would have us believe that the sum of record title = ownership. We kn...

4 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 988
Reply
RE: A first look at Surveying Resources (still under construction)

As an Arkansas resource please add: Arkansas Division of Land Surveys

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

Read this book!                         It's worth the $20 cos...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

Surveyors have it so easy today. Most of the stuff you need to know is available with a computer, for free. That first law textbook cost me two day's ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

My premise was that the most valuable survey was one that mimicked the analysis a court would apply. Since I surveyed in Arkansas, it was the Arkansas...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Books I Had, Books I Just Aquired, and Books I Wish I Had

Very true. But a stack of all the books needed for the technical side of surveying would be equally overpowering. And if one has studied the footnotes...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Plan Checking - A Horse of a Different Color

Will the 9000' line represent the limit of any of the legal rights of someone, such as, but not limited to, ownership or easement? If so, is this co...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Is there a question of ethics here? If the client indicates the water level will be needed on a repeat basis, do you ..... Say you're available an...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

The courts say to construe the deed by the four corners with the intent of the grantor being controlling. A course cannot be evaluated in isolation. T...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

I have pondered that question for almost 50 years. Nobody likes the concept of a wide boundary line; not landowners, not surveyors, or courts. But if...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

If the original deed was for the tree with no mention of center, then even if the tree is gone we are looking for the location of the tree at the time...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

I would agree with most all of this except I would change one word - The term is "polishing the turd". Perfection only appeared in the minds of the...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deeds Lacking Precision

In my opinion, no. But this is an area where law may differ state to state. And there are many surveyors that have a different opinion than my own. Wh...

2 months ago
Page 3 / 9