Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 3:29 pm
@landbutcher464mhz Hypothetical deed dedicating property to a public cemetery in 1918. Commencing at the southeast corner of Section ....., thenc...
I think that was what I was saying "Surveyors can not put precision in a deed." Any precision refinement to a wide monument must come from th...
Now I would like to discuss two types of land descriptions that lack precision. One is where the description calls for monuments that have width witho...
Original Post The deed provided to the surveyor reads, "Lot 8, Block 3, Nurple Addition to the Town of Westsylvania, Hermrick County, West Virginia"...
@mightymoe So how did you arrive at an opinion for the location of the RR, and why?
Lot 8, Block 3, Nurple Addition to the Town of Westsylvania That's a beauty! It's going to take several legal principles to make sense of this one...
If erosion took all of Lot 4 it may continue as a concept but not as a fact. Any future accretion would go to the track behind Lot 4 and not be subjec...
I'm confused. Does "Assessor maps each and every deed that is recorded" show that the deed is already recorded in the official property records.? A ...
Deeds lacking precision are common. Is there a way to show this condition on a survey plat? Would the State Board approve it? Where is the guidance as...
Thanks for the example of a vague call. Just the kind of thing a surveyor must evaluate.
Of your 3,632 posts, can you point me to the one that covers this subject?
You don't get to my age without picking up a bunch of useless knowledge, especially if you grew up with a group of redneck do-it-youselfers. Arkansa...
For land issues, if courts don't resolve the dispute, the result can be deadly. Thus the roll surveyors play in litigation is very important. If ...
Exactly! After thinking on it I composed the more formal statement from the view of a surveyor: The judicial system provides a lawful means of resol...
I wouldn't have any trouble "following in the footsteps" of this description, provided that "REC:MAP7781" is a key to a public record serving to locat...
The Arkansas Supreme Court has found the "place of beginning" and the "point of beginning" to be acceptable. Personally I like Point of Beginning. But...
(@norman-oklahoma) Thank you for the Gibbons v. Lettow site. Now we have an interesting discussion! From what I have seen that case seems to be the ...
It's common for the garden variety boundary case to have one party claiming to a location based on title records, while the other claims by way of act...