AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
pls8xx
pls8xx
@pls8xx
Member
Joined: June 12, 2025 11:48 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 3:29 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 163
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

As to my question did the surveyor show his opinion of the boundary, there is a little more to the story. I should have posted this along with the pla...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Sooner or later most boundary surveyors are going to get a job where the record title is nothing like the actual possession throughout the area and th...

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

Based on my experience there are consequences from marrying a smart woman.  

1 week ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

The case that inspired this discussion is a good example of several noteworthy items. The court's opinion can be found here: Colvin v Jones First,...

2 weeks ago
Reply
2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

I never liked the term 'witness corner'. Something like 'line marker' would be better. Until 1940, surveyors in my area still marked 'witness trees' t...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: The case of the remorseful subdivider

GaryG is on-target for what could have been done, but with restrictions, it might have been a long time selling the lots. I don't know wether to cal...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

I want to draw a distinction here between what a surveyor does and what a surveyor says. State Boards, through the authority conferred by the state le...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Intrusion

Delay you say? As a party chief I always enjoyed taking a break and talking to landowners. I always thought a little downtime was baked into the fees....

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

My high school English teacher would give me an 'F' for that. Rather than show my red neck ignorance, I should let AI speak for me ... "In the territ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Where I usually worked, from about 1915 to 1935, we had three county surveyors who did sectional breakdowns by the book. At that time, evidence of the...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I'm not sure there is much we would disagree on. If we were working on the same property, I wouldn't be surprised if we arrived at the exact same boun...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I always thought that boundaries were initially established by the original conveyance. In this case, the patent refers to the General Land Office (GL...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

When I was young, an old surveyor told me that he liked to avoid litigation. I think he must have had some bad experience with litigation. His trick w...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

Can you give an authoritative source for that concept?

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I think something like that happened in every section I ever worked in. So doesn't the chaos start when a surveyor tries to force a record title line ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I like a lot of what was said here on evaluating record title v. acts-of-the-adjoiners ( adverse possession, written or implied agreement, acquiescenc...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: When a fence disagrees with your math, what goes on the plat?

I like a lot of what was said here on evaluating record title v. acts-of-the-adjoiners ( adverse possession, written or implied agreement, acquiescenc...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Not mincing words

A 100 years ago in my area, surveys seldom had plats drawn unless it was to create a subdivision. The record of survey was of the narative style somew...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida will let your crew sit for the exam if you sign a letter. Would you?

When I was a kid I had a next door neighbor who passed the bar exam without going to law school. Two of the best engineers I worked with never went to...

4 weeks ago
Page 2 / 9