AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 8:21 pm
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2657
Reply
RE: Geodetic Leveling Processing Software

How long of a a level run are you performing. What are your requirements. Besides locus you have many tools like StarNet TBC Geolab etc. as @john-hami...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Plat with aerial imagery in background

I think Norman has you point in the right direction. I have never done a play but making maps on imagery in GIS. Cyan a good line thickness shows up ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you remember your first day as party chief

We were staking columns and anchor bolts setting the elevation on top of steel. The regular crew chief was out sick. I had been the only other field p...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Army Corps of Engineers and USC & GS Monument Advice

@scott-in-indianapolis Anytime. Glad to. When I see your name Hoosier I cannot help but remembering watching that movie a million times as a kid. A...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Army Corps of Engineers and USC & GS Monument Advice

@scott-in-indianapolis here is a USACE mark search it also has NGS mons and you might get lucky there as well finding more info on that mon.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Army Corps of Engineers and USC & GS Monument Advice

@scott-in-indianapolis They can help if you need the data sheet and are having a hard time on the website finding that data. You will need to go thro...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Army Corps of Engineers and USC & GS Monument Advice

@scott-in-indianapolis/p> Here you go.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access "Port Unavailable" in Radio settings when attempting to connect to Trimble S5.

Which data collector are you using now? TSC5 or TSC7! Does it have the radio installed? What is your current version of Trimble Access. I have...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Army Corps of Engineers and USC & GS Monument Advice

You could also get help from your regional geodetic advisor as well possibly. Get a rough lat long height on it a good rubbing or photo and send that ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Field to Finish tricks 'n tips

I was out a couple weeks ago wrapping up a boundary and was locating some gravel roads and driveways. I didn’t have my glasses on and was not paying a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking out points in Trimble Access

I agree with the above for random points. Like light poles etc. but I usually stake the LP then do offset to point choose the direction azimuth etc an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: need advice.- apartment, total station

@norman-oklahoma I understand now. Hope all is well with you. I have been so busy I don’t get much time to thoroughly read through this stuff.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virginia State Specific Exam

I have them from a class itself. The next John Foster will be this coming April. From my research those that do go through the course usually have a h...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: need advice.- apartment, total station

I would just scan that and not worry about anything. But taping would be more effective than a total station. Scanning would probably be the easiest w...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Translate and Rotate DXFs in Trimble Access?

In Trimble access it’s under cogo transformation geo reference. That’s were you can translate rotate the dxf or dwg. Works great. Simply compile your ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Iron as corners

Think about the size of the angle iron. Compare that with the year it was set. What equipment was used during that time frame. It might not make a dif...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: The number 4

Well I do not like the goal post 4. As someone who started reading slope stakes from earth moving equipment scrapers dozers motor grader as a teenag...

2 years ago
Page 13 / 139