AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
OleManRiver
OleManRiver
@olemanriver
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: February 13, 2020 8:56 am
Last seen: October 7, 2026 10:44 am
Topics: 123 / Replies: 2656
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

@holy-cow it probably looks like this one now.

16 hours ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

@lurker I have seen this same thing. It doesn’t take rocket science to figure this out. Working at sea level then crews go to an area where the diffe...

17 hours ago
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

I would imagine @john-hamilton keynet is better up your direction. More stations. In VA they get sparse after you get to central and east and west Va.

22 hours ago
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

@hpalmer sorry got busy. That vertical bias is always higher in the afternoon. Tells me that one of the stations at least is not stable in the heat of...

22 hours ago
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

@hpalmer well horizontal I don’t see any difference almost anywhere. Smartnet seems to show some bias in the vertical on repeating to the same point...

22 hours ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@mightymoe Gotcha.

1 day ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

Ok so I send data to the processing service through TBC. The drop down gives me the option to send to opus or Trimble centerpoint. The report that com...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

@mightymoe I have not used rtx for anything really. I guess it would be handy for rural large surveys. But a good surveyor here said it was ok in the...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

@john-hamilton I aggree on the Keynet poor performance in places in VA. They have poor spacing and gaps. Then I suspect some stations the way or whe...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

I was surveying in the USMC. 3 days prior I was about 3 hours away from the pentagon heading there to do a survey with my team. I went from training p...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

@john-hamilton I bet if you call KEYnet they would give you a week trial. I just did this on a 330 acre boundary to see how it compared to smartnet an...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: Another Static check

I use RTX and OPUS and never had an issue yet with getting only itrf positions. Are you choosing the NAD83 (2011) and plate before sending. You also ...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

When setting up and sending the data to OPUS. Make for sure your NRP on whatever receiver is oriented correctly. Absolute antenna calibrations vs re...

3 days ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Hhhmm very interesting discussion and theories here. I will throw my 2 cents in. First with a few questions! 1. If prolonged RTK observation time m...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

I have been a way a bit. Just so busy with life work and family. @wendell let me know what you need from me. I will help any way I can. this site i...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: How do you check a rebuilt plat someone hands you?

@holy-cow This saves a lot of time at the end of the project. Even compiling multiple plats for a survey so subject property ROW adjoiners etc. if the...

2 months ago
Page 1 / 139