AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

I would refuse to do the survey if given the opportunity. As a professional I refuse to compromise my standards. There will be others that don't seem ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

I have worked in subsurface utility engineering where the actual locations and depths of utility services are verified after location. After the verif...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

Regulations and shirking responsibility for providing actual data is unprofessional. In my opinion the regulations are the result of lobbying efforts ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

The lives that are at risk by agencies preferring the marking services rather than an actual utility location are my concern. Using the same logic I c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Utilities

Most utility location services are fraudulent because those who request the services are only interested in first cost. There is absolutely no benefit...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Crack in PA-NJ Turnpike Delaware River Bridge Forces Shut Down

Trusses are designed for axial loads. There should be no bending moments in the members.Likewise there should be no shear stress in the members either...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Crack in PA-NJ Turnpike Delaware River Bridge Forces Shut Down

The neutral axis is relative to bending stresses. This is a shear failure where the holes would matter and the neutral axis is irrelevant.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Crack in PA-NJ Turnpike Delaware River Bridge Forces Shut Down

The neutral axis is relative to bending stresses. This is a shear failure where the holes would matter and the neutral axis would be irrelevant.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: My name is Jimmy, and I have a problem

I have the green one. It is a first edition (1957). A surveyor's son gave it to me. I keep it alongside my fourth edition now called "Brown's Boundary...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Crack in PA-NJ Turnpike Delaware River Bridge Forces Shut Down

...said Joe Martin, an engineering professor at Drexel University in Philadelphia. ‰ÛÏIt‰Ûªs incredibly unusual for steel to break like that. Pieces d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: My name is Jimmy, and I have a problem

Now you have to change your name to Boyd.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to spray paint

Yes, all paint is messy and ugly. I call crews that use excessive paint the "blind" surveyors. A cool alternative would be pin flags (for lack of a be...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A couple of monuments

That is a great story Mitch. Thank you.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A couple of monuments

Thank you for the comments.The metal rod is long enough to be stable through twenty-five years according to the board rules. They don't specify a leng...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

Randy Rain, post: 401482, member: 35 wrote: People that refer to radians as "some obscure mathematical notation that nobody except high school algebra...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

Robert Hill, post: 401458, member: 378 wrote: You made your point that you do not like it. What other point or tidbit of knowledge have you made? I'l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

Forget my software analogy then... Everything is a "tool" these days and some are better than others.Software like excel that has been around since 19...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 686
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

So, let me pose the question in a different way. Let's say I'm selling some software. The software itself doesn't do anything that makes sense, but, y...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

Really? Why gang up on me? After all the years paying for and upgrading this software I just think it would be common sense for programmers to include...

10 years ago
Page 55 / 62