AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
not-my-real-name
not-my-real-name
@not-my-real-name
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 3, 2013 11:38 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 5:33 am
Topics: 198 / Replies: 1036
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

paden cash, post: 401307, member: 20 wrote: I haven't used it for a number of years but a good spreadsheet was a lifesaver when I was staking runway i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

Nice work. I have extreme disdain for Excel. Using it for anything other than keeping your bank balance sucks.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you identify this corner marker?

Black Iron pipe fitting plug.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D and Ground Distances

Does Civil 3D have Transformation Settings like Land Desk Top (LDT)? I would make a transformation and then use the geodetic labels. Geodetic labels c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Allow Instrument to sense Temperature & Pressure or Manual Entry?

I use a GOOD thermometer and altimeter, which is a barometer that has a scale used to get the adjusted atmospheric pressure for the elevation of my in...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Line Width

Rich., post: 397466, member: 10450 wrote: "How wide is a property line? Like 6 inches?" - Mr. Architect trying to figure out how close he is to a set...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Worst Enemy

Paul Landau, post: 396910, member: 2526 wrote: This from the latest AS, is it really that bad out there? Interesting reading- This is not in the least...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: High Velocity Inverts

First of all, I would refuse to do this. Secondly, it is hydraulics, not hydrology.The time to get record information on how the pipe was constructed ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Was charged $6700 for survey on 2/3 acre lot

Robert Hill, post: 396143, member: 378 wrote: It is kind of ludicrous especially when requested from an anonymous and unknown message board poster on ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Was charged $6700 for survey on 2/3 acre lot

Holy Cow, post: 395934, member: 50 wrote: In order for you to get some help you will need to tell us much more about your exact circumstance. We don...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Simplified Method - DEM Instead of Contours?

I agree with James. Leave the BFE off and FEMA will calculate it for you.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Help Carlson IntelliCAD Slope Analysis ($75-$150 cash offer)

I cold make an analogy to someone requesting a survey. You don't know how to do it or what's involved. Yet you know what it costs and how long it will...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Stone Monument

Gene Kooper, post: 394833, member: 9850 wrote: Kewl. It's not often that you see chiseled letters with serifs!Where did you find this? And what is t...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 2509
Reply
RE: This old can of worms again...Grid or ground distance labels on property

It is okay to put grid and ground observations on the map. In fact I prefer it.Each line can be labeled with both grid and ground distances. Each poin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Anniversary

Congratulations man! I hope you are still enjoying your career.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Right-To-Know Requests

I do work in a small town where the highway layouts are locked in a safe and inaccessible to the public. So some surveyors doing work there will use ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pin Cushions

To Baja ORThat is quite an extreme example. So I do not see how that relates to my example. All the points are being reported as being out of their ca...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pin Cushions

I think your attitude is preventing you from seeing the meaning of my example. If you do not call out your measurement as being different than the rec...

10 years ago
Page 56 / 62