AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Things that chap my hide

Just publish a shiny new spc on it...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that chap my hide

Just publish a shiny new spc on it...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Selling a previous survey

if I buy 100k in title insurance, then I sell the property, and the next owner also buys 100k in title insurance, this second person does NOT get a pr...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: what is real surveying?

I think you make a valid point... However, enforcement has been a weak link, and state BOR's are fiscally weak. I'd be in favor of a huge budget, for ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Startup equipment

Yes, I'll agree, Babbitt chain. It was often marked in feet, and tenths. No hundredths.?ÿ There is a whole genre of action associated with that gear. ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Startup equipment

Add this to it: (I'm especially taken with the thong on it)

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 571
Reply
RE: Latest pet peeve is ...

If I'm using plastic caps, I often spray paint them. This adds some years to their lives.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Tilt Compensation (at the Rod)

Plumb bob. Box tape Suunto compass, (calibrated, btw) and, offset away from magnetic stuff. It still works!

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Beware Dermacentor variabilis (the American dog tick)

They only bite when they are hungry....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Latest pet peeve is ...

Hey, when you find an uncapped rebar:

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Latest pet peeve is ...

Hey, when you find an uncapped rebar:

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Beware Dermacentor variabilis (the American dog tick)

I came home with 100-150 yesterday. Lots of deer were in the area. I'm itching like a 4 legged hound, by a soda machine, down at the old country store...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: My first bad fix with the R10

I've never had a bad fix with an R10. ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: My first bad fix with the R10

I've never had a bad fix with an R10. ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Found corner

No, Mr. Moe. It was an accident. Fat finger-autocorrect got me. Most of my successes are "a series of good accidents". Thanks for assuming intelligenc...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Found corner

We work with expansion of possibility elipse, all the time. It's sobering. Reality check... N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Latest pet peeve is ...

Caps are for city slickers! Seriously, I'd like aluminum foil caps, built on top of plastic caps. The foil being pretty thick, so as to block uv rays....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Found corner

Wild error eclipses should be a part of every surveyors thinking. Glad you found it. Nate

8 years ago
Page 123 / 527