AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

For technically minded people, I'm not sure that it matters. For the average Joe, a measurement system based on human proportions is a big deal. It'...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

Slander of title is no small thing in a country where you get as much justice as you can afford. It's difficult to predict what is of concern to buye...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

-15F on the low end and 105F on the high end. My normal body temp is 97.8F so I do better than most folks in the heat. I surveyed a small dam in north...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Hired a surveyor for boundary dispute - he then took the neighbor as a client. Is this as bad as I think it is?

On a side note, too many PLSs twist "public protection" into a blanket excuse for zero client confidentiality, deeming even modest NDAs unethical. I'v...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Hired a surveyor for boundary dispute - he then took the neighbor as a client. Is this as bad as I think it is?

I'm licensed in six states and they all require me to notify (typically in writing) all parties involved if I'm receiving compensation from more than ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Civil Engineer: Importance and effect of Survey Data, Coordinate systems, and Civil 3D Topo

There's not really a simple answer to your question other than, it depends. If you're in a large firm, reach out to the individual ultimately in charg...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Business Student asking: Why is tracking field crew costs so hard?

While it's true that there are numerous external factors that can negatively impact field crew production, it's ultimately poor business practices tha...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: AI "helper"

AI never forgets so be nice to AI now or you may regret it later... AI works great as long as you're specific and redundant in your command language...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Floodplain

I'm a surveyor, it's my job to tell you about all the problems you didn't know you had.  

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Marketeering at its worst

That's pretty bad. AI came up with these in an instant: 1. Charting Aotearoa's EdgePrecision meets passion in New Zealand's wild frontiers.2. Kiwi L...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Bitcoin

I would not request it, but I'd accept it with an additional fee for inconveniences associated with converting it to USD. It's my general policy to ma...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Title

I think some counties in NC are setting up the automatic notice protocols. What would happen if the owner of a suspected brownfield site deeded the...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Whopper of a solar storm hit last night, a G4: Severe

@williwaw You called me on that one. After high school, most of my decisions were terrible, but one notable exception was working as a fishing guid...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Title

We had a case in Wake County, NC where a lady just wrote a fraudulent deed, walked in and recorded it. She then used that to get through the gate of r...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Whopper of a solar storm hit last night, a G4: Severe

Williwaw I might have to start ignoring your posts. I'm already jealous just because you're in Alaska. Then you drop pictures of the northern lights...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Catch up at Trimble Dimensions Nov 10-12

@jimcox The remarkably swift shift in media due to the internet and now AI seems to show nearly all countries as much worse than they really are. D...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

How are you defining "controlling"? Are you thinking in terms of evidentiary burden of proof in a trial? I know from your previous posts over the year...

11 months ago
Page 4 / 48