AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Any recommendations for third party verified digital signatures?

DocuSign works well for me. I'm not sure about the pricing, but I've heard that they charge by the signature which is an easy cost to pass to the clie...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Interesting sign

@peter-lothian It was a culture shock when I left Maine and witnessed how aggressive folks in other states are with trespassing. Folks are shocked ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

Duncan-Parnell rents Schonstedts for $50/day. I bet you could find a survey supply store near you that rents them.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Interesting sign

@peter-lothian Agreed, strange way of wording it. I wonder if it relates to hunting. In Colorado and Utah, I've seen landowners advertising "trespa...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Stake out with GNSS

I keep everything in State Plane but I'm in a generally low and flat area. Statewide LiDAR is on SPCs, as our ortho panels and all tax maps. I've seen...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Timeframe?

Yes, I meant my proposals expire. I use the house renovation analogy when they request a firm completion date. Regarding the survey-ignorant client...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

Buy once, cry once. Buy nice or buy twice. Get the GA-52Cx. It has a 7 year warranty, it works, and as others have mentioned, you could probably sell ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Timeframe?

People have no idea what surveyors do or even what a survey is. If I get annoyed or frustrated with a surveying-ignorant person asking an ignorant que...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Local Subdivision Rules

I'll trade with you. Our reviewers reject plats on a whim based on unwritten rules. They make developers add things, "just because it'd be nice". They...

7 months ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1752
Reply
RE: Man... ChatGPT Is Nice

It's great as a proof reader and for comparing documents. I use it as a first edit to see if I've addressed all element in an RFQ. Don't limit yoursel...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: A thing I used to know

The first large volume survey I performed as an entry level surveyor provided an opportunity to compare the results of a 100' grid topo to the same ex...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: A thing I used to know

It's a bummer seeing people waste money, but I'm not going to spend much time talking myself out of profit. Say your piece once, then charge a PITA fe...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Regarding east vs N-90°-00'-00"-E, my reading of Wattles left me with the impression that writing a deed description is not necessarily about hard fas...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

@norman-oklahoma Fortunately, we're allowed to satisfy the requirement with a tie to a CORS. Ten years ago I had more sympathy for PLSs not using G...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

NC has had a requirement to tie all surveys to the NCSPCs if any part of the subject tract is within 2000' of a published and recoverable NGS benchmar...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@norman-oklahoma I get what you're saying but I'd bet a good chunk of change that Callwood was crooked before he took the position. I know numerous...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

A six month suspension for blatant fraud and seemingly no acceptance that what he did was wrong, what a joke. Callwood would have had his license perm...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

Yes, I would label it as every metes and bounds description has a POB, your description just didn't provide the redundant label. Before writing a new ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Earth Dam Surface Monitoring - GNSS

The answer is dependent on the project's requirements, such as relative accuracy or absolute accuracy, error budget and the geometry of the monitoring...

8 months ago
Page 3 / 48