AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Looking for a new base/rover setup

I've only heard good things from folks I trust who use a BRX7. Carlson is the most intuitive software I've used as compared to Topcon and Trimble. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lahaina corners

You don't need a complicated system. Just require that two monuments on every boundary survey be labeled with State Plane coordinates and have the ap...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone know the Surveyor? Yikes!!

I realize we all say things like, "I can't believe...", or "I don't understand why people get so upset over property boundaries", and the comments are...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

Yes, Tennessee Boundary Law 2022 or maybe there's a 2023. Not sure if I mentioned it previously, but you might want to review the Tennessee Planning ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearing(s)

Next to my North arrow in arial font, "NC Grid - NAD83-2011". I'd roll with Basis of Bearings if that's what the Romans were doing but I'd prefer to ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Doesn't Like Result of Survey, Withholds Payment, Threatens Complaints

If it’s less than $2K just walk. You’ll have to spend more money for only a chance to get what she owes you plus you'll spend a bunch of time that co...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Experience with adverse possession/quiet title

A thing to consider in AP cases is trespass. AP happens the moment the statutory time period is met. The judge ruling in favor of the adverse posses...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hunting

I'd be upset with my client if he didn't notify owners of a lease that I'd be onsite. It'd be like surveying a rental property and the owner didn't i...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA / NSPS Land Title Survey

I've gone to war against title companies over ALTAs and it never accomplished anything and certainly didn't help my client. I've been in, and I'm abo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: To the bottom!

The big difference between the looming economic downturn and the 2008 recession is the average age of PLSs. My guess is that the next recession, rega...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Drones?

If you haven't already done so, familiarize yourself with the ASPRS standards and apply them. I've been using UAS photo and LiDAR for about a year n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS tools to use for Elevation Certificate

Depends. If I am providing other services, I'll burn a static session for however long I'm there. Otherwise, three time separated network RTK burns ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: R12 set up as Base

It shouldn't be an update issue. Attached is setup guide for using the R12 as an NTRIP caster for a DJI M350 RTK. Ignoring the DJI, double check tha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bidding

Throw out a big number and maybe you'll get lucky...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it a Subdivision?

That sounds right but I can imagine quite a few scenarios where it wouldn't work. What if the owner purchased the lots at separate times and through ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it a Subdivision?

I would familiarize myself with the ins and outs of zoning, discuss it with your client and consider the ramifications of: 1) stopping the survey, 2) ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Slowing tripod settlement in asphalt?

My less than elegant solution is to drive each leg down into the soft asphalt as far as I can get it to go then spank the holes I made with a sledge w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The state of the Profession (in Oregon)

To be sure we need to build awareness that land surveying exists, but the major factor is pay. I’ve slowly drifted over to the Dan Beardslee's school...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elev. Cert: Machinery and Equipment servicing the building

You should speak with the someone within the state, county, or city floodplain management. Intuition is your enemy with Elevation Certs. Generally, y...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boots Again

I've heard great things about Schnees if you still want a made in USA. I wear Meindl Vakuum Hunters in the mountains and Salomon X Ultras elsewhere. ...

3 years ago
Page 14 / 48