AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Gps pole height

It depends on what I'm doing. I'll run it at 4.5ft if I'm doing an as-built of a landfill gas system where I'm generally getting 20-29 satellites. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pavement Creep, and PK nail moving

How about this situation. The street creeps by almost a foot over a couple decades. Pins have been set at the property corners, ostensibly, original...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a moved monument

It's unlikely your surveyor did anything wrong. His opinion was likely correct based on the evidence present to him at the time of the survey. Chang...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

Surveyor specific requirements can be found on page nine. This is one of the more stringent set of requirements I've dealt with in North Carolina, bu...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

Start with the lawyer who drafted the deed. If that doesn't work, go to the tax agency and see if you can send a letter to the owner. I have had two...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

So you identified the problem, maybe consider being part of the solution? Slapping state plane coordinates on a couple of boundary corners resolves t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hurry up and Wait

If they're requesting a quick turn-around, I set the proposal's expiration accordingly. I've gone as low as three days in an extreme case. I remind...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

If you'll PM me with your contact information, I'll pass along the numbers of a couple of surveyors who may be able to help you.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State lines County lines

@jph Towns in NC are not a political division in the same way as they are in the Northeast. In many places in the South, towns must be incorporated...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New engineers vs land surveyors and others

Social status is the underlying motivation for many actions. Engineering will always be a higher status profession than surveying and that alone will...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ever Pull Existing Corners?

Describe them as witness monuments on your plat. Clearly mark them in the field and while you're showing them to the landowner drop a subtle hint abo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing date or execution date for senior rights determination

This still comes up in NC fairly often. We're a pure race state. Helpful hint for those who do their own deed research (I wasn't aware until I joine...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: That first step might be a doozy

I miss residential boundaries and the many hours spent listening to the histories of wonderful people. America is filled with some of the best folks ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Senior Rights after sale

If you are willing, please attach both surveys and we may be able to assist you better.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: On accepting and rejecting monuments

That's a common anxiety for a LSIT and it proves you care about what you're doing. The short answer is that in many instances you can’t know for cert...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NC state specific exam

It's open book so go to the Board's website here: and print out all the reference material they provide and slap it in a three ringed binder with tab...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Survey Dispute

I would start by asking your surveyor if they can discuss the results of the survey with your neighbor. It's not fair that you'll have to pay more mo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings, rides again.

I don’t find that a basis of bearings is a necessity but I’ve noticed that it helps all parties involved to have surveys tied to state plane in states...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Small Claims Court

Calculate the value of the time you expect to spend dealing with this and not working with good clients then deduct it from the best possible outcome ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevations - RTK vs Levelled

Engineers that don't share their CAD files in 2023 are not providing a quality service. I've been working with engineers longer than is healthy for a ...

3 years ago
Page 15 / 48