AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: One Line Survey

It makes no difference to me whether the client wants one line or four or eighteen. I calculate the time to perform a proper survey based on employee ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Zenmuse L1 Question

The Zenmuse L1 isn't particularly expensive to begin with. I run one with an M350 drone and would have a hard time justifying the purchase of a used ...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

I can see both sides of the argument. I've worked with college idiots and dip-spitting experience-only folks who know it all and have a large chip on...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Providing the Precision and Accuracy of Stockpile Volume Measurements

You can take a look at the attached ASPRS standards for a general idea of what's needed. You have a steep learning curve ahead of you. There are man...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landowner Relations

I work with a gentleman who can spin any evidence of our planet being older than around 6000 years, into the malicious work of Satan. My wife’s cousin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landowner Relations

I don't think there's a simple answer because people are not inherently reasonable and humans don't generally seek truth. The only thing close to a so...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Appeasing a whackadoo

One ugly option would be to explain the situation to the contractor and give him the price you'd need to resurvey the world. Then give him the contact...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Minds...

Wouldn't it be more surprising if everyone was able to visualize space in exactly the same way? Aphantasia is the inability to visualize things in on...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor growth

I learned that there's a good portion of young men who become quite anxious when put in a position requiring low to mid level decision making. Whethe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

At any point in your career have you used a Trimble or a Leica robot routinely, let's say for six months to a year? Not that it matters much these day...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Photogrammetry Ortho Rendering Errors

We've used DEMs from USGS and can get them free from the great state of North Carolina. They're a geo.tiff and must be in meters for to play nice wit...

3 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I agree that Topcon, Sokkia, Nikon, etc. will all work. Anecdotally, the only surveyors I know who champion those brands have never spent a year usin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New equipment purchase

I've found Trimble to be a better fit for medium or small sized firms that don't mind the $500-$700 yearly software subscription fees and a few thousa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help an LSIT understand

I see less malice and more ignorance with the request from developers to use expensive data previously obtained. I'm a bit of a daredevil and will pu...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Limiting liability in contract

I’d never do it without the input of at least a couple of attorneys and call to my E&O insurer. There would be a host of details to consider inc...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Trimble Access Question

Use alpha numeric point names. I have the crews use their initials as a prefix. John Doe would be JD1000. Dudley Doright would be DD1000 etc.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Area of an easement

It's typical in my area to show both square footage and acreage. One reviewer commented that my three decimal place acreage didn't match my square fo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

Start by reaching out to the floodplain manager in your state, county or municipality. This could save you a great deal of time now and in the future...

3 years ago
Page 13 / 48