AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
MountainHermit
MountainHermit
@mountainhermit
Member
Joined: October 25, 2011 6:54 pm
Last seen: September 22, 2026 11:16 am
Topics: 0 / Replies: 45
Reply
RE: Traverse job!!

It doesn't look like she's being trained at all. I agree with an earlier post that traversing is becoming a lost art. I've done more than I can rememb...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Wattles is what I used when I taught it at Westwood in Denver (Denver Institute of Technology), but the school's gone and that was long ago.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Does pole height affect GNSS accuracy?

It can affect it if the pole is low enough that your body or something else forms an obstruction. I didn't watch the whole video. He lost me when he s...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

As PE said, the plywood for his roof? Mine was replacement plywood and OSB for my floor. Not quite the same thickness as original that was warped and ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I tend towards being bi-lingual on this issue. I've done lots of surveying in metric, started out that way. Going over to tenths of a foot was a chall...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

Depends on the wind in cold and shade in hot. I'd say 20F--call me a wuss. I'm not a hot weather type, but have done 100F+ if the option to work at ni...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Drafting...

That title sentence was funny--going backwards? a surveyor? can't be .... Then I noticed it's drafting. As long as it's labeled right, not a big for ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

OPUS does not adjust a point position, but it does process the position with reference to the CORS network for a NAD83(2011) position. If you want to ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

I'm not familiar with Carlson files like your RW5 file, but OPUS processes static and rapid static data. The current version should be able to accept ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling Specification

meters and feet, oh my....

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

Did anyone consider the significant figures when overthinking this? Just wondring....

11 months ago
Reply
RE: PPK vs Static Surveying

Not much difference. Both need post processing, but the algorithms are different and doing kinematic requires that you do not lose lock on the satell...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

The Canadian service can also transform from ITRF to NAD83(2011). I like Auspos too. The Canadian service only holds the solutions for a limited ti...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

I'm afraid that lawsuits are not going to make things better for you. Surveyors are painfully aware of liability issues that can ruin their careers. T...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Did a robot write this?

I've been getting them for years. Straight to trash. I should tell them I cover the Moon and Mars...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old equipment (free)

If nobody has an interest in the Zeiss S10, I am interested in that one if it's functional and has batteries. It's the batteries that are the snag si...

1 year ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Old .T01 Files

You can use TECQ to convert to Rinex, but last time I looked at it it was a command line program. It's what OPUS uses and is available for download f...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Adoption of the BLM Manual in State statues or regulations?

§ 38-51-103. Procedure for subdividing section CO ST § 38-51-103West's Colorado Revised Statutes Annotated Colorado refers to the Manual in its stat...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Calculator for FS exam

I used a Casio many years ago--fx-115MS. I still use it and highly recommend it. The DMS is great and it does fractions. I had a 48 with me for the...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Lyme disease

Wow, John. After all the places you've been that can kill you, a tick finally found you. Bummer. Hope you feel better soon and load up on those ant...

1 year ago
Page 2 / 3