AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mike-berry
mike-berry
@mike-berry
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 6:38 am
Last seen: August 2, 2026 8:41 pm
Topics: 183 / Replies: 1135
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@holy-cow Right. With a Dixie cup of water in the morning at home before work and nothing else all day in 100 degree weather.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

Indeed. Annoying like a hand grenade with the pin half pulled rolling around on the back seat floorboard. He’d be semi-humanoid and then BAM he’s call...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@holy-cow - Yeah, I found it interesting that folks who had met him said he was actually a pleasant and seemingly sane guy to visit with... very contr...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

Ted Dura referred to Paul Plutae as "pull-toy". At the time I thought "what a stupid and childish insult". Yet decades later I remember it.

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 2526
Reply
RE: Professor Robert J. Schultz, legendary Oregon educator

Now that they've posted his obit, here's a copy/paste of the text (I couldn't edit my original post to add it) I've surveyed in Oregon for 50 years ...

5 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Ted Madson

I passed my LSIT in 1986 thanks in part to his Mathematics of Land Surveying book. It also had good advice on test taking. RIP Ted, and thanks

8 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Please End Our Debate on This Federal Note!

Right right. Good chance didn't run past the 1/4* on the random line and then pencil whipped the notes to indicate they ran the entire mile to the eas...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Please End Our Debate on This Federal Note!

I agree with @bill93 and @pls8xx that he indicates he took the temporary stake and moved it north to the true line, 25 links (1/2 the distance of th...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Jerry M. Davis

Shelby Griggs sent me thisobit for Jerry

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Adoption of the BLM Manual in State statues or regulations?

Northern, I’m glad you’re doing well. Hang in there! To expound on the Oregon law that Mark posted, there’s a nuance in the wording that Oregon surv...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: *NEW Job Posting* Professional Land Surveyor - Redmond, OR

Paul - You aren't requiring ownership of a giant German Shepherd dog... I presume you supply one out of the company stable? I'm glad y'all state th...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Building Setbacks on a ROS

@norman-oklahoma Mark, For some perspective, the "any information or requirement that is or may be subject to administrative change or variance b...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Corner Disturbed

I agree. Plats (land divisions) that are recorded at the clerk's office (and a copy at the surveyor's office) are required to be 18"X24" in Oregon but...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Early Irrigation Projects - how'd they do that?

I snooped around a little trying to find any references to Wiest and irrigation projects in Sheridan County (where he was County Surveyor for a while ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Early Irrigation Projects - how'd they do that?

Wow. Those would be fantastic to see. A potentially great historical resource as regards old roads, settlement, etc. If that was done here, and such s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon land survey law workshop

I still have my 3 ring binder notebook from when I took the class in 1989. The handouts included all the pertinent statutes, case law research example...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 66