AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 11:25 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: Anyone know the Surveyor? Yikes!!

It doesn't make any sense even if he were a land owner.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Was just Tasked to get SUAS FAA part 107

I didn't take that course but I did take a 1 day course filled with a bunch of information. Be able to read charts well, know the radio communications...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SPCS 2022 legislation updates

They can't legislate what coordinate system you have to use for a project. You can use an assumed system or any state plane system or UTM or anything ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: A peer's website

Making false statements and submitting them into the public record? This individual might open himself up to a civil defamation suit if you don't get ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Dave-o Yes they do specifically say that. I think that is why it is so misleading. That never should have been stated that way when the improvement in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Rover83 I had the exact same interpretation as you from reading the exact same literature. I argued vehemently with the dealer and the Trimble reps. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Just a little more on why this is important. Trimble mt1000 prism does not have a good history for the durability of the diodes. Many people who use t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Jim, yes you are correct. But when in semi active mode the angles are collected from the pointing of the diodes and not the pointing at the prism. In ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Trimble has mislead greatly on this concept of semi active being more accurate. All of the angles (horizontal and zenith) are based on the pointing in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: A peer's website

There are a lot of professional survey services that can be performed in numerous states requiring a license that don't involve boundary expertise in ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: A peer's website

You can read it for yourself here.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Slow

Not only slow today, but also failing files that shouldn't fail.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Street line

430' to the west line. A different distance to some point on the west curve.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 / R7 date log file is 2004, not 2023. how to set receiver time and date?

He said, Can you give the download link again because it has expired?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor Halloween costume ideas

You need a companion to go as a bi-pod.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: point numbering schemes

Begin your point numbers with the Julian date. You will then only have duplicates if they were created exactly 1 year apart.

3 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: GPS tools to use for Elevation Certificate

Do a search for RTK receivers and static GPS antennae and their cost. That will be your answer. They all get used by someone.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: You didn't accept what now?

I'm guessing that guy repurposed one of those short school busses to be his survey vehicle.

3 years ago
Page 19 / 59