AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 11:25 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: Trimble Turned Angle Issue

Rover 83 won't say it is impossible but i will. Greased or ungreased bearings cannot change the angle that is read when the instrument is pointing at ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Serious things you soon-to-be geezers need to consider

So is this solid logic? If I take the money as soon as I can get it, all I need to do is get an 8% return on that money and I will be in the same situ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Daily Survey Quiz - PS Test

Maybe it doesn't matter but I was just on your website and I could not find any indication of the state/geographic area you work in. If I needed a su...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Korean Survey Monument

It says $250 fine for removal.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Checking a tribrach

Place a bubble you know is good in the tribrach. For example the instruments bubble typically is very sensitive and accurate. Put the instrument in th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotter Replacement Recommendations

Or it means he was having a mild stroke while typing.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotter Replacement Recommendations

Translated that says he uses his plotter so infrequently he would like to have a plotter with ink that won't dry up if used only once in a while.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

Yes to the 1st and no I don't know how to edit posts.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

Or another way to visualize it. If you measured the zenith angle to a point and wanted to keep that same elevation on the point but you needed to chan...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

No. You sight the prism. The zenith angle is now measured. You can move the nail you are set up on up 1 foot or down 2 feet or any other change to you...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment of Topo Elevations by Changing HI of Total Station

What am I missing? ZA determines the relationship of the height of the telescope to the height of the prism. Regardless of what the ZA might be a .10'...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

If someone thinks they can produce a more accurate surface by disregarding any shots other than what they personally judge to be a breakline – espec...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Base and Rover R12 and R12i

A 50' grid is not a good way to create a surface or to check one. Taking shots at appropriate points will always be better and more efficient. Limitin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How far “up” does a property line go?

If something is built for my benefit it seems I should be the one responsible for its maintenance. The law may say otherwise but it shouldn't.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unimproved alleys

What makes this an alley? Is there verbiage on the plat? I don't see it noted/labeled. Why can it not be just a narrow strip of land? How did it obtai...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: STOLEN PROPERTY REPORT FOR THE LAND SURVEYING COMMUNITY

"The person in the photo below is the alleged perpetrator." Am I the only one who does not see a photo?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Turned Angle Issue

What are they turning to and how are they locking onto the prism? Are they using autolock? If autolock is not calibrated correctly this will cause the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many times to get it right?

Did Gary G reply with any text? If so I can not see any in either of his replies.

3 years ago
Page 20 / 59