Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Gregg, To check the BS and see what was displayed to field crew when they took a BS check. In Magnet Field, go to EDIT >Raw DataLook for icon of a ...
Static, static, static with long session can give you decent results in deciduous canopy. But you will need at least three GNSS collecting static simu...
I have never seen Magnet record the bad angle. It would always say "wrong face" detected.I saw the wrong face error using Magnet Field 2.7.1 on a PS ...
jim.cox, post: 333900, member: 93 wrote: You might want to be aware of this... Topcon have dropped support for data transfer from Magnet Office to the...
Should be set to cable. Try Serial port com 2 or com 3. Look in control panel for properties of the internal GPS. It will tell you com port and if it ...
You are using an old version of Magnet v2.7.1 which had known bug in raw format. Upgrade to v3.1 for the fix.
Dan Dunn, post: 333792, member: 911 wrote: This is a copy of the pre Tax Sale deed (Deed Book 726 Page 71). Based on the consideration in his deed (D...
Don't need know any fancy software. You can use the old DOS command xcopy in a batch file. XCOPY source [destination]/D:m-d-y Copies files changed on...
Here is a sample sheet of anchor bolt verification from reference to grid lines. This job was very easy. They were using steel level plates, which alr...
Have the contractor first plumb the bolts with bar. I use string line wrapped at oppoiste bolts to creat bolt pattern center at approximate height of ...
In my experience more problems exist in the control setup and verification, than exist in the model. Contractors can identify a bad single contour ele...
Jim in AZ, post: 332520, member: 249 wrote: In pine forests where we operate there is no such beast. Perios. No matter what the sales folks tell us, i...
gschrock, post: 332514, member: 556 wrote: I had a closure of 1:100,342 with the Trimble and 1:100,500 with the Lieca. So obviously the Lieca network ...
John Giles, post: 332444, member: 57 wrote: I work in mostly wooded hilly terrain. With a small field here and there on the property. Generally I can ...
CHarmon, The way I see. Software like Carlson CE and TDS have built in work flows, which you must follow. Step 1, 2 3. no way around. Magnet allow's t...
CHarmon, post: 332317, member: 25 wrote: Like the data collector, hate the programing. First time I ever got a new data collector I couldn't find anyt...
Yes. That's right.UsFt divided by 3.2808333333 = MetersOrMeters X 3.280833333 = UsFtKeep your survey in USfeet.
This is what I come up with from your data. Geographic CoordinatesN43å¡40'30.54"W72å¡'34'56.98" Cartesian CoordinatesNorthing 130551.282m Easting 4933...
If you must, then I suggest you use Google Earth.In settings you can configure the datum and units.Also Magnet can convert Lat/Lon to SPC. Plus you ca...
Keep the project in an assumed datum with units in us feet. If you don't have GPS or NGS monuments nearby, then you can not get to SPC. You are just ...