AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Setting out a bridge

Yes, we do work in SPC on NYSDOT projects. Set the controller to the correct SPC and the scale factors are applied for each EDM distance measured. All...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting out a bridge

NY Long Island basically is a LPD system and very close to zero elevation. The grid to ground differences in 3.2 miles was less than one foot. The bri...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting out a bridge

All of the bridge shop drawings had CSF on every sheet. The expansion of steel due to temperature exceeds most CSF. ?ÿ Obviously if you can't work ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting out a bridge

In New York all bridges are designed and built on SPC. Not sure why others feel this is so difficult. Use the proper CSF and all works fine. The Tappa...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: can i beg a favor?

Small world. I just tried processing a 4-hour static with OPUS on a project in Dallas TX. OPUS performing maintenance, and keeps rejecting data. So I ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Tools help

You certainly can switch datums on the fly with Magnet Tools. Go to Configure > Coordinate System To specify the Coordinate System for the Job: ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Office CAD engine.

I don't know what CAD engine is used in Magnet Office. But it appears not to be any type of AutoCAD engine or emulator. The import process appears to ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field - Map Background Color

Magnet Field map background is fixed to white. As far as I know, it can't be changed. White background in daylight conditions works best with dark-col...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon FC-6000 Wonƒ??t Turn On?

The FC5000 and FC6000 are not made by Topcon. It is made by Juniper Systems.  The Mesa runs on Windows10 OS. Most problems are caused by Windows...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Export Trimble .SVL, .SVD & .DSZ file types

@ncsudirtman "Sound Petty". I don't blame you. TBC cost well over $10k I own lots of software already Microstation/InRoads $12k Carlson TakeOff $9...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Export Trimble .SVL, .SVD & .DSZ file types

@ncsudirtman I do about 20 projects a year in Trimble, and 150 projects in Topcon format. One of my Trimble clients that flipped from Topcon gear in ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Export Trimble .SVL, .SVD & .DSZ file types

As noted above you need a licensed version of TBC and some education on the setup & procedure.?ÿ TBC workflow is certainly not intuitive. File Fl...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling Topcon PS users! Difficulty acquiring lock to prism

@big-al   Try resetting the Search/Track back to 15° with Magnet Field. The parameters you list above are internal settings, that Magnet Fi...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling Topcon PS users! Difficulty acquiring lock to prism

I'm traveling today, so I have a short reply. ?ÿ The problem maybe be your short window. I use 15 degrees horiz and vertical, with 5 or 6 second del...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling Topcon PS users! Difficulty acquiring lock to prism

I don't use Carlson so I can't help there. I do use the same instrument with Magnet Field. What version of Magnet Feild do you have? Also, MF has a lo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Building stakeout using a total station and a scale factor

We used a scale factor on the Tappan Zee Bridge aka Mario Cuomo Bridge. The scale was shown on the shop drawings for each longitudinal beam.?ÿ The dif...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon FC-250 APC correction?

@jerrys Jerry, Perhaps he is talking about the graduations on the lower rod face of a 2m GPS pole like this. These are not designed to not work your...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON MAGNET "THERE IS NO POINT WITHIN GIVEN RANGE..."

To be more specific go to Configure >Survey Edit your current Optical Configuration Next through settings until you see "Point Naming" at the to...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON MAGNET "THERE IS NO POINT WITHIN GIVEN RANGE..."

Go to Configurations in stake out toggle off range setting. It is looking to stake the nearest within the defined range.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's office photo

You are referring to the Marksman. It works great. Just make sure the bottom feet are secured. Dropped a foot yesterday from the top 7ft down to the b...

6 years ago
Page 22 / 110