Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Huh..... that doesn't make sense at all. There is no EASY Button. You will need line sting numbers when running multiple lines simultaneously. There i...
Field Dog (Mark) Sometimes if you are not familiar with the process it may be better not to comment all. As this is confusing to others. You have de...
I'm not sure if you are referencing to import line types or feature codes.?ÿ There are ways to import a feature code list. not line styles or line ty...
Also, be certain to understand how your survey control computes the resection and verify the residuals. For instance, we use 2D+H settings with no com...
In my experience Resections can work, if you have a well-calibrated instrument. We use 1" and 0.5" guns. We have found 3" and 5" instruments just don'...
Since starting with GNSS is your approach, I assume you want to work on Grid datum. The combined scale factor not already "set" in Magnet. It is comp...
Clear NVRam first. Then swap the Base and Rover radio settings.?ÿ
NYS conference was virtual this year for the same price as normal conference. Lots of technical issues. Overall it really sucked and not worth it.
Welcome. Around 2017 I set up a site for Insitu Soil Stabilization of Tailings pond in Kirkland Lake Gold mine (Ontario, CA). The survey work above g...
That looks like the offset between WGS84 and NAD83. In Topcon Magnet many people will incorrectly use NAD83/2011 settings when should use NAD83_NO_TRA...
@350rocketmike I used to think the same way. Until NY State investigated me, for someone else naming me as a surveyor prior to me being licensed.?ÿ
First of all I have to correct another thread Posted by: @squirl where he identified himself as a surveyor and called surveying a trade.?ÿ 1.) In my ...
It appears you are using a Topcon FC6000?ÿ with Magnet Field software? If yes, then you can either try adding a style for codes and notes. Or choose ...
Here is your Tool!!!! The steel guys use the HILTI DX-860-ENP nailer to attach the corrugated metal deck to I-beams. At minute 3:15 in the video, you...
You need to be very close to 90?ø from the reflective sheet to maintain accuracy. This restricts their usage. Recently prefer using magnetic sphere pr...
I can't believe all these wild a$$ guesses are being tossed around when we don't even know what the OP is trying to measure.?ÿ Is this slope or grade...
@williwaw Oh, then check out the Dewalt cordless nail driver for concrete and steel.?ÿ Dewalt dcn891b 20v cordless concrete nailer.
With digital levels there is virtually no adjustment needed, and standard balancing is fine. If have a large adjustment,?ÿ then something went wrong.
@williwaw I doubt it would be useful.?ÿ The rod would be too heavy Unbalanced The Shockwave would throw your rod bubble out of plumb Shockwave may de...