AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Anyone run a robotic TS all day long?

It is my understanding the axis, collimation, and image sensor calibrations are all needed for every 15?ø change in ambient temperate in order to main...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone run a robotic TS all day long?

Currently?ÿ I use a 1 second Topcon GT 1001 Robot most of the time on 2 large construction sites. I'm solo, and paying the bills. So I feel that I tak...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for avoiding big mistakes

I'm working on a hospital project where all the trades are self performing layout with robotic TS. They are using different flavors of TS including Hi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia SRX can't find the prism

Have you tried calibrating the image sensor?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: would any surveyor out there no what these numbers are on this field note page I have from an old surveyor. circa 1983

That format is very familiar to me.?ÿ This means:?ÿ Transit at Point 13, Back Sighting Point 6

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Parani Bluetooth adaptors and high battery drain

@field-dog Yes, XML is one of the formats.?ÿ Just open Magnet Field and give it a try. If you ograde from Topcon Tools to Magnet Tools you run the DL...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Parani Bluetooth adaptors and high battery drain

When used correctly a digital level run needs no adjustment. My runs often close at 0.005ft?ÿ Yes, you can export the DL to many formats including St...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Parani Bluetooth adaptors and high battery drain

A few years ago on my GPT9003 setup I used Magnet Field with the Parani, so no I have never encountered that problem with FG.?ÿ Also I used a 9 pin co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Control errors using CRTN

Unless you're within a few miles of a base the CRTN may produce too much error for control work. On top of that you further warped the scale factor an...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the term...

OPUS is still using only GPS L1/L2, not GNSS. Therefore you are getting no benefit from your Upgrade with OPUS. This is maybe why CSRS-PPP?ÿor?ÿTrimbl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet to Starnet

Export Magnet GPS Raw to *.DAT?ÿ (Star*Net Format) ?ÿ Also try exporting to?ÿTVF?ÿ (Topcon Vector Format)

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon fc5000 vs fc5000

I have used all of them.?ÿ The 6000 is the most stable and works best in rain. But?ÿ not light years ahead,, not enough to upgrade.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Local, assumed coordinates and bench mark for Drone Mapping

Pix4d along with other drone processing applications will work with arbitrary coordinates on your GCP.?ÿ But as others has said, it makes no sense not...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Mixing Base Station and Rover from different manufacturers

Yes, you will need to match protocols along radio frequency and settings. UHF radios are common with both labels. SpreadSpectrum not compatible.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Polarized Lenses and Carlson Surveyor 2

Try NuShield DayVue Antireflective Screen Protector. They work well without sunglasses.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GRX3 / Topcon Hiper VR Base & Rover - Experiences?

That should say "no need to leave antenna on when charging Hiper VR's".

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GRX3 / Topcon Hiper VR Base & Rover - Experiences?

No need to leave battery on when charging.?ÿ Topcon confirms this. I plug in charger then immediately power off units. I've never lost or seen a corr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GRX3 / Topcon Hiper VR Base & Rover - Experiences?

My Topcon VR's w/ Magnet Field v6.2 are much more accurate than the older Hiper V's. If you are not seeing 25 -30 SV's then you need to update your fi...

5 years ago
Page 18 / 110