AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-putnam
john-putnam
@john-putnam
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: February 4, 2011 9:44 am
Last seen: October 9, 2026 12:34 pm
Topics: 82 / Replies: 2390
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

[/quote] OK so maybe they were given coordinates on the ground surface and they staked out to the State Plane surface.   [/quote] Scaled to ...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Subdivision

First, how does one surveyor prepare the plat and another, presumably from a different firm, set the pins. That would be a non-starter on the west co...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

@williwaw Is there a way for your agency to recoup some of the cost? This lean to the incompetent side of surveying.

2 days ago
Reply
RE: Quotes about Error

@rankin_file I still have a sling thermometer hanging around from those days.

6 days ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

I don't think engineers are any better. Back in the 80's, it was planned that most engineering students took 5 years to complete the prescribed class...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

On September 10th I had just finished up photo control job for a transmission corridor. That evening, since my contact had gone home, I talked my way...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Services Webpage?

Looks like Angies List for surveying services in Little Rock.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

1/4 pole seems pretty loose for the 1920's measurements.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Help! Carolina boy don't speak California

First of all, Siskiyou County is part of California in name only. It is one of those places for people that don't like people (for the most part). I...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

@jim-frame, in these cases I like to create separate drawing for the various records. I then Xref them into my boundary drawing. This way you piece ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Jim, Way sketchy. Call me old school but monuments get a minimum of 180 epochs on two discrete observations. I like to shoot for four hours betwee...

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1495
Reply
RE: More Staking Questions

@bstrand My standard letter proposal states that it is good for 30 days. Nothing worse than someone holding on to one for a couple of months and then...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

Back on the Willamette Stone, I had some friends, both surveyor's, get married there years ago. A true survey party.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@protracted It passes roughly two blocks south of me in Forest Grove. From my place it continues west a mile or two until it leaves the valley and hi...

3 months ago
Page 1 / 124