AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-putnam
john-putnam
@john-putnam
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: February 4, 2011 9:44 am
Last seen: October 9, 2026 12:34 pm
Topics: 82 / Replies: 2390
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@holy-cow As Mark said, not going to happen, it is in park. It was a hassle for our PLSO chapter to arrange a cleanup a couple of years ago. It is g...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

@gary_g I'm not sure who wrote this but I really love the 'County Assessor Plat Map' image. It is nice that the Douglas County, Oregon Assessor has h...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

Well, that doesn't work in Oregon. The terms 'lot' and 'parcel' are defined in ORS 92. A 'lot' is created by a subdivision while a 'parcel' is creat...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

The Willamette Meridian here in Oregon and Washington. The monument was set in the most survey unfriendly location you can think of. It's in a steep...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

@pls8xx I would have thought that your actions would have greatly appreciated. What would their response have been if you let a stranger take their m...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hydrographic Training

Just a normal wave on the northern Pacific coast.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Starnet coordinate systems

While C3D does not include the 'for GNSS', it does include NAD83 (plain jane); HPGN (HARN) NAD83; NSRS 2007 NAD83; and NSRS 2011 NAD83. I don't see a...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: DGN to TBC

That probably has something to do with the seed file that is being used. Bently is actually pretty good at units as long as the user specifies them a...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

@bstrand There's the rub. The stamped plans rarely have that kind of information. Modern plans are merely a cartoon used to get plans permitted an...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What is everyone using for networking ?

I'll second John on the UDM pro. @garyg, I'm a little confused on your statement of control over the router. I'm going to assume you are referring t...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

I've been trying to figure that out for years now. Anymore, I spend an unreasonable amount time comparing the CAD file with what little information I...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Old Parker - Kalon Nails

Back on the OP, I just finished off my last box of 3/4" PK nails a couple of weeks ago. If you are interested Mark, it is marking a retaining wall al...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Old Parker - Kalon Nails

@jim-frame Good old Paul, someone needs to broadcast reruns. As a young kid I can remember all of the pattern makers at my family's shop sitting arou...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS Collection with a Disto

@hoosier_surveyor You're probably more precise than the Disto's compass. Back in the day we used to call them a 'wing ding'.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

Not to be annoying, but this is the reason that scaled coordinates grid coordinates need to be truncated. It is humorous that the argument against tr...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: GPS Collection with a Disto

Try distance-distance offset.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

Could be, but I can show you multiple examples in newish sub-divisions around here. They may not be quite as extreme, say 6" to a foot, but they were...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

GC's rarely provide a comprehensive scope for layout needs. Based on several decades of experience, I prepare a very detailed proposal listing every ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

I can see being a little reluctant set a 30"IR flush, but why not at least get it solid and saw it off?

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Good Bye CORS96

My comment on passive marks not being referenced to NAD83(CORS96) refers only to marks in the NSRS. NGS did not publish, to my knowledge, any passive...

4 months ago
Page 2 / 124