AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-giles
john-giles
@john-giles
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:45 pm
Last seen: September 3, 2026 8:00 pm
Topics: 120 / Replies: 624
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 2023
Reply
RE: Witness to old corner

I wrote a book with not a so different situation. Some thought it to be over the top, which was the point, seemingly?ÿunbelievable, yet a one in a mil...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Witness to old corner

Here is a better view of it.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: any tips to avoid burnout???

I have almost burnt out many times. All it takes is that really complicated, research-intensive survey to make me love it all again. The field work is...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 544
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 5
Views: 556
Reply
RE: I'm Pretty Easy Going

I did it to an employer once. I kept telling them that nothing they said that got me to take the job was happening. So I just up and quit and never lo...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm Pretty Easy Going

About the same thing happened to me last week. Sent out a crew, TS man got a personal call while on the job which turned out to be a job offer. Never ...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 984
Reply
RE: Colonial Land Surveying

Would it be safe to say that there are difficult surveys in both Colonial and PLSS? And very easy ones too? I find it hard to believe that you don't r...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is a witness corner better-non recording state

That's what I would do also. I don't like setting witness's that are not on a boundary line. It may get used as something it isn't.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

I can honestly say, here in WV that I have never performed a boundary survey on 250 Acres for $2,500. Even if I go back to 1991 when I first started a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey-do I contact the prior surveyor?

I would call too. But it seems if that is a new division line created in 2015 I would not have a problem setting corners in that line where they are s...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 7
Views: 1023
Reply
RE: Where Do I Start Learning How to Overlay Drawing on Google Earth Image?

I had Plexearth but it turned out when you bought it the license was only good for a year and you had to buy it again. With CAD-Earth, you buy it, you...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alley Abandonment

I've found with alley's, at least in my part of the world, it will depend on how it was deeded to who. Though abandoned, it doesn't cease to exist and...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Description Writing in Civil 3D

I still use, believe it or not, a lsp file written back in the days of Wildsoft2000. I had a time getting it to work in Civil 3D. I ended up having to...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it hot where you are, today?

It wasn't so bad today. I just went out about a half an hour ago to visit the kegerator from the 4th celebrations, for a refill, and it was a little c...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS dream field crew

Posted by: sirveyr Who the hell uses a three man crew these days??ÿ I'll stick to our one man crews. We use them all the time. With all these woods an...

8 years ago
Page 2 / 38