AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-giles
john-giles
@john-giles
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:45 pm
Last seen: September 3, 2026 8:00 pm
Topics: 120 / Replies: 624
Reply
RE: Cool old description

@kevin-hines no idea of the acreage. I did like how they would defend, for two ears of Indian corn to some of them per year, if they demanded payment ...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 1215
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 638
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@holy-cow We have Catalpa's here. A lot of people call them cigar trees.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@jim-in-az I did correct it. I am addressing that it took over 30 years for somebody to correct it even though the corner has been located and mislabe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@holy-cow The Ash borer devastated West Virginia Ash. My dad (step-dad) had cleared his 5 Acres and kept mostly one type of tree he thought to be Hick...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@frozennorth I can only imagine the return of the american Chestnut. That was the 'goto' wood for many things because of how durable and strong it was...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@murphy I didn't take any dendrology classes. I learned from others and mostly studied it myself to get better at identification. I don't like school,...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@holy-cow We lost all of our Ash trees over the last several years due to the Emerald Ash Borer. It is believed it came from China. Amazing how many m...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

@moe-shetty Only very small American Chestnuts. Some get to age to bear Chestnuts. I've found a pretty good diameter one in southern Roane county, WV ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@paul-landau Hmm. I don't know why. I think it's mp4

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree identification

I practice all the time. I see a picture with a tree, I identify if. Watching a movie see a tree, yup I ID it. Going somewhere I glance at trees along...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@holy-cow Nope. I haven't written anything in a while. The last one was 'Fate: The psychiatrist'. I don't advertise them so it can be expected that no...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 43
Views: 1855
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@holy-cow Hey man! Yeah, I'm still in West Virginia. Just had it rough the last few years/decades, who can remember? lol Finally getting my brains bac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@allen-wrench I had to download it to be able to watch it. I have a Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. Pretty sweet. It has 100X zoom on photos and is ridiculou...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@allen-wrench Is the video working? I can't get it to play.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This is the joy of surveying

@mark-mayer I took a rather long break. lol

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 810
Reply
RE: Cell phone surveying

They did. Roof bolts. The only problem is, when they showed us the corners they set, there are more corners in the description than they showed us. I ...

8 years ago
Page 1 / 38