AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
john-giles
john-giles
@john-giles
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:45 pm
Last seen: September 3, 2026 8:00 pm
Topics: 120 / Replies: 624
Reply
RE: RPLS dream field crew

I sent two crew chiefs?ÿout together a couple times. Talk about a mistake! They both wanted to be in charge and neither would listen to the other! I t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS dream field crew

I'd have to get an equipment list. Whoever had the fanciest equipment that I can't afford, that would be my dream team. All the people on here are ded...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Old aerial photos

I'll check into that. I download the single frames from Earth Explorer and the oldest I've found for this area is 1956. Thanks.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Offset Left or Right?

I've always used the option that allowed me to turn to center and store the point. I've never used the offset command to take a tree shot. I would sho...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Where Do I Start Learning How to Overlay Drawing on Google Earth Image?

I don't know if 2006 offered that option. I did a quick search and didn't find anything. I am not very familiar with Carlson, but if memory serves?ÿme...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipod recommendations

Just realized what I wrote. Grease, only on the buttons. Don't put any down the tube or they won't lock in place. If you grease the whole thing, you'l...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Old aerial photos

I was speaking of the areas I work in. They don't have any that I have found, so far, on anything I've surveyed. I may get a job that does have some 1...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Old aerial photos

Working on a survey right now where it?ÿcalls for a long ago?ÿmoved road. Even in the 50's, it was difficult to see. But all the deeds go to this road...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Old aerial photos

They help out quite a bit. I did a survey last year against another survey that used a Poplar as the original corner. I couldn't get it to fit anythin...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1894
Reply
RE: Parcel lines in GE

I use digital courthouse for parcel information and aerial/topo overlays. But it's only as accurate as a Tax Map, In other words, not very.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Offset Left or Right?

We will generally use a two-shot combination. Some of my data collectors have the ability like SMI had using the SDA button. The ones that don't we ta...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Bipod recommendations

We use them all the time. They just get worn out. If you leave them sitting, they tend to bind up but some grease will help that. I require my crews t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: YP Yellow Pages

Posted by: Just A. Surveyor Yelp is the bane of my existence. Those people cannot seem to take no for an answer and are worse than Slippery Pete's Use...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: One Plat, Two Owners

I don't think it would be a problem. The survey does not convey any rights to anyone at least not around here. It's just a survey. A recorded plat wou...

8 years ago
Page 3 / 38