AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 2:02 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Printing new FEMA maps

> I'd like to either have them printed or have a cheap way to view them outside of the FEMA Map Center.The digital FIRMs I've bought recently are i...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest solo surveyor?

I'm only solo part of the time -- generally when my part-time assistant's other job conflicts with my field schedule -- but at 57 I greatly appreciate...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: California Business and Professions Code Section 8762

I think §8762 is fine. What I suggest is that you carefully watch the implementation of the Oregon equivalent of §8766.5, the ROS examination fee. I...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Invar rod struts?

If 2-meter struts are acceptable, you can buy the SECO part that they use on their 2M GPS tripods. You might have to fabricate a bracket for the rod ...

16 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: So, If Monuments Mean Nothing

Parcel Map Trivia>In California a...Parcel Map can be up to four new lots and in some commercial cases, five lots.Under certain circumstances, a Ca...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Robot Choice

Trig Leveling>By the way, I am still waiting on your procedures for obtaining first order leveling with your robot.For those interested, here's a c...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: "Fd. 2" IP 0.34' south of True Corner"

> I bet you find a lot of monuments off by a few hundreths JimRarely off by a few hundredths, but often off by a couple of tenths.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: "Fd. 2" IP 0.34' south of True Corner"

I'll generally accept an undisturbed original monument as marking the corner -- or at least the line -- of a survey of record (though see Steve Gardne...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Term for fast entry of quadrant bearings

LL method of entry of angles> > I notice most of your examples had "0" as the second character (when value < 100).> Was that just for clar...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Term for fast entry of quadrant bearings

Fast entry of quadrant bearingsFor what it's worth, my favorite method was used by the long-defunct LLCOGO software that was published by Lewis & ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Tribrachs nice condition

Listings have ended, apparently without a sale.

16 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Business Success Rates

Coming up on 18 years here. Must be doing something right!

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Unique calls

The kind of fish plate that would likely be used as a monument:

16 years ago
Reply
RE: paid time off question....

>We should take advantage of the opportunity to have some fun now but I'm just as guilty as most though.I've gotten much better at this over the ye...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: California related: City perpetuation of private monuments

The city where I live is getting better about it, but the process is still imperfect. A few months ago I asked the Assistant City Engineer, who recen...

16 years ago
Page 372 / 374