AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 2:02 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Work Load Check

Still pretty slow here, but picking up. I've responded to more RFPs in the last month than I did in the previous year, which is a good sign.At least ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A letter Re: ACSM Bulletin

> The cumulative effect of the myriad circumstances affecting us is that ACSMI have no comment on the content of the letter, but it's nice to see s...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotter Recommendation

> Thanks for the offer, but I have decided to go with a newer color plotter.Not to discount the decision to buy a newer model, but it's worth notin...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for ALTA surveys

>Of note - you get no such ellipse with single total station shots.Error ellipses can be generated for any total station shot. They tend to get la...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Circle Adjustment

> Does that mean that when the instrument is level it could be off by about half that or 8 seconds?Sounds like it to me. Example: You turn to a d...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Proration Establishment Question

> I would treat this as three blocks. Establishing those vacated streets would be my first step but not by prorate. The streets would hold thier wi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Calif related : Calling found monuments off

> So far it's got 4,706 views and 198 replies and still no consensus on whether a monument that's set by a 7.5-foot blunder on a 2.3-acre parcel sh...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Proration Establishment Question

My take is the same as Steve's. The surveyor *is* prorating within each block, but only after establishing each of the 3 blocks by prorating in the b...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: 1885 Pasadena Map

1885 Pasadena Map - Jim> You sure dont look 57 Jim...More like a 'close to 50 guy'.Thanks. I am, after all, close to 50...as long as 7 years still...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Visit to the CBL.

> There is a state law, in Washington, that says you must check your EDM, periodically, on a calibrated base line.No such requirement in CA.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Visit to the CBL.

What's that??Here are the relevant formulas I was referring to, from NGS-10:I'll see if I can reach John.Thanks.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Visit to the CBL.

What's that??Scott, it looks like you've used 1.00 as the value of n. I'm struggling through some CBL measurements right now as a self-imposed educat...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Sole Proprietor - As needed help

Sole Proprietor - As needed help - DennisI agree with those who are saying, in effect, "either follow the rules or skirt them altogether." Cash for c...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: 1885 Pasadena Map

1885 Pasadena Map - Jim> PS It's a 50 ft roadYeah, I had figured the 1/2 width, but forgot to double it in my description.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: 1885 Pasadena Map

> What did that old 1885 surveyor know that is shown on this map that I sure do not know at this time?There's a 25-foot road north of the north ti...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Printing new FEMA maps

> May I ask how much each map costs, ballpark?Digital maps are $1.50 in all the instances I've seen.

16 years ago
Page 371 / 374