AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Jerry Attrick
Jerry Attrick
@jerry-attrick
Member Founder
Joined: April 12, 2011 10:06 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 1:26 pm
Topics: 24 / Replies: 313
Reply
RE: Phase Lock Loop Error

Oh, man that sounds expensive.Sorry to be of no help.JA, PLS SoCal

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Georadio "Red" problems

I.A.You might want to try replacing the antennas on either end of the connection.I have had visually perfect, not abused, antennas be the problem.JA, ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Find-A-Control app

I use the iPhone version and find that it works fine, almost every time.There have been a couple of instances when it was kinda goofy, as you mentione...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad Triumph-LS Radio Choice

Jim,Have you heard of others getting test units? You probably threw your weight around (with your presence on the board) to get on the list early.I am...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: using GeoExplorer XH 6000

Mr. Time,Just crash your car near each manhole and have the local PD map them.JA, PLS Socal

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Somebody pincushioned my.....

Beer,Were your coordinates inked in just beyond the range of the photo? Can't think of any reason to do that except for conventional instrument visibi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting fees

I've gotten several calls recently regarding the cost to prepare an Elevation Certificate. Most callers already have a $400-$500 fee in mind that was ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Gardner / Seco Rod Rest

Thanks Jim,I kept seeing the unit used like the Rod Rest, mounted at the bottom with the rod leaning 20-30 degrees from vertical.You mount it higher u...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Gardner / Seco Rod Rest

Jim,I appreciate your comments about the 12" bi-pod. Every bi-pod I have ever used, though, had legs that were adjustable. This unit does not appear t...

13 years ago
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 1081
Reply
RE: Permanent GPS base

Jeez,That's more than a quarter mile tall. Who's the lucky guy that gets to put the antenna on it?:snarky: I'll bet the range is tremendous.JA, PLS So...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Hmmmmm.... Did I see this correctly??

Jefesdi,I have only minimal experience with Leica scanners but I recall that they have "cameras" in them. Is this a stripped down version without one?...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the "field"

James,Having mapped several rooftops in my day, I suspect that 50 foot ladder was the means to getting to that rooftop. Most times, I have to hand car...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Layout with Trimble 5603 robot and ACU data collector?

Jeremiah,Just hire a licensed land surveyor.JA, PLS SoCal

13 years ago
Reply
RE: steel tape price range

Ashton,I know not of the $20 steel tape you mention, those that apply to surveying anyway.I rarely hand measure anything anymore, but when I need more...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Any advice

Mr. Bush,Your advice is stunning in it's detail. Sounds like you survived a round or two.You could write a book for anyone contemplating that kind of ...

13 years ago
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1032
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet

No experience with Magnet here.Only concern is with the ads in the surveying mags. I wonder how Magnet works in the field?The ads show an instrument b...

13 years ago
Page 15 / 17