Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Layout with Trimble 5603 robot and ACU data collector?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
992 Views
jeremiahm
(@jeremiahm)
Posts: 8
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I need to find some existing pins on a property, but I don't know how to do it with the machine I have available. Can someone walk me through how to set up the machine/data collector to do this? I have the legal description, and I've found several pins already, but I need a corner in a woods, and my gps won't do it in the canopy (reliably).

If I could find a manual, I could probably get through it myself. I'm in engineering, and this isn't one of my primary duties, if you can't tell. haha


 
Posted : November 6, 2013 2:23 pm
christ-lambrecht
(@christ-lambrecht)
Posts: 1411
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Download the General survey manual from the Trimble website if you use Survey Controller or Trimble Acces

Link

chr.


 
Posted : November 6, 2013 3:04 pm
andy-j
(@andy-j)
Posts: 3114
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

If you've got a few property markers, cant you set up and backsight the other to turn the recorded angles/? Trying to learn all the 'robot' stuff is going to be difficult if not impossible over the internet. is the ACU on the rod or the instrument? I'd put it on the instrument and just get a helper to do the field work old school.


 
Posted : November 6, 2013 3:08 pm
Jerry Attrick
(@jerry-attrick)
Posts: 337
Member Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Jeremiah,

Just hire a licensed land surveyor.

JA, PLS SoCal


 
Posted : November 6, 2013 4:16 pm
Williwaw
(@williwaw)
Posts: 3650
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

If all your trying to do is find the corner in the woods, your GPS will give you a float solution that'll get you close enough to know where to start scratching around. If your trying to actually run a tight survey, that's another matter altogether. Hire a professional.


Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

 
Posted : November 7, 2013 11:36 am

andy-j
(@andy-j)
Posts: 3114
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Have to say, I thought maybe you were a survey student or engineering student after reading your post. Then I read your other question about your GPS unit starting at 5000,5000 .

No offense, but it's clear you have no idea what you are doing.

If this project has anything to do with a real boundary or construction and not just a classroom assignment, PLEASE get someone with real surveying experience.


 
Posted : November 7, 2013 11:50 am
Norman_Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
Posts: 8477
Member P&R, Founder
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

> ...this isn't one of my primary duties, if you can't tell.
I don't mean to sound haughty but what you are asking for, while not rocket science, is a little more than can be explained in a message board posting. If you are at the point of researching legal descriptions and searching property corners you are at the point where you are going to need an LS anyway.

But if you insist, I suggest you contact the salesman who sold you the equipment and make him earn his commission by showing you how to work it.

But just a little tip- the equipment you need to search for corners is not made by Trimble. It's made by Schonstedt, Sandvik, and True Temper.


 
Posted : November 7, 2013 4:27 pm
pscs-inc
(@pscs-inc)
Posts: 42
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Nicely put 🙂


 
Posted : November 8, 2013 5:49 pm