Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Kent McMillan, post: 439324, member: 3 wrote: "Intellectual vagrancy" is a wonderful and memorable phrase. By "vagrancy", of course, what is meant is ...
Randy Rain, post: 439311, member: 35 wrote: Oh yeah, history! Let's not forget that some of the posters here have a very long history of disagreement ...
paden cash, post: 439261, member: 20 wrote: Can't you even rag on your fellow Texas surveyors without dragging out-of-state surveyors into your bailiw...
This is a conventional control station that a peer new to GPS wanted to establish geodetic coordinates on, so he got them with a single 3 hour occupat...
Dave Lindell, post: 438645, member: 55 wrote: Do most of them work as chefs in their spare time? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks Jerry. That brings back memories of digging through feet of loess deposits to find original stones when I worked in Lancaster County back in t...
Loyal, post: 438496, member: 228 wrote: I have seen quite a few HIGHWAY Projects that used Chord Definition Curves (Degree) but ARC Length Stationing....
paden cash, post: 438349, member: 20 wrote: Now might be a good time to remind everyone of Uncle Remus' story about Bruh Rabbit and the tar baby...;) ...
Kent, your boastful nature that everything in Texas is bigger, more complex, etc. is hysterical. So, now acreage, not the number of script pages of f...
Kent McMillan, post: 438335, member: 3 wrote: They clearly are transcribed field notes, but they were transcribed by the surveyor who made the notes, ...
I'm fairly certain that Kent has a few more examples of the Travis County Surveyor's field notes to assist in deciphering the "missing word". It may ...
What I read is "fixed" with the "d" being more open than shown in other words. He also shows a noticeable offset for dotting his "i"s. I'm comforted ...
Great finds Leon. Tell your wife that Gene says she is right, but that I know why you took the survey (and will likely accept at least one more).And ...
Looks like a couple of really big stone mounds in the second photo Dan. Great finds!
Great photos John, but no selfies. 12,000 feet is nothing at the Equator, right?P.S. Did you ever find imagery for the area?
To finish up, the east end lines of the October and Triangle lodes were staked on the true position of the Polaris Lode, but the Polaris Lode's patent...
This thread shows how the Binger Policy was implemented from 1899 to 1904. In Colorado, nearly 4000 mineral survey orders were issued during that tim...
Way back when in the 1970s I worked for a company that did a lot of photogrammetry work. We tried to have 9 points per frame. The project specs were...
Kris Morgan, post: 437669, member: 29 wrote: 1 and move on. 🙂 I did the first part of your suggestion, Kris. However, I will likely come up with m...