Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Warren,I presume that you are speaking of original wood posts (usually 4"x4") that were occasionally set during the rectangular contract surveys withi...
You gents seem to be having way too much fun for a Sunday. Please continue.
Kent McMillan, post: 440278, member: 3 wrote: One of the features of surveying in Texas is that you inevitably deal with the work of many surveyors wh...
Kent McMillan, post: 440209, member: 3 wrote: This rock mound was made on December 10, 1875 by Travis County Surveyor John E. Campbell to mark a corne...
And here I'd always been led to believe that there were only two degrees of certainty important to Austin surveyors. The first of course, is "reasona...
Dave Karoly, post: 439834, member: 94 wrote: That beats the heck out of:40.00 marked 6" tan oak for quarter section corner. Dave,No chance of that ha...
paden cash, post: 439714, member: 20 wrote: That was actually one item for a question on the "State Specific" exam I took for Oklahoma licensure. The...
Jerry,What is the practice these days for accessories? Back in the 1970s it was common to set crossed nails in fence posts or power poles. A gneissl...
Kent McMillan, post: 439577, member: 3 wrote: I think you're missing the fact that the remark made by the US Supreme Court regarding junior and senior...
Kent McMillan, post: 439471, member: 3 wrote: Actually, the Supreme Court of Utah read the statement of the Court in Clement v. Packer exactly as I do...
Kent McMillan, post: 439457, member: 3 wrote: You've obviously missed the fact that the remark was framed as a general statement of the law, not some...
Kent McMillan, post: 439420, member: 3 wrote: Not at all. it is you who have objected to the observation made by the US Supreme Court in its 1888 deci...
Kent McMillan, post: 439412, member: 3 wrote: Yes, and there is every reason to believe that if the dog hadn't stopped to defecate, he'd have caught t...
Kent McMillan, post: 439409, member: 3 wrote: Well, in that case, you shouldn't have any difficulty restating your views in a way that leaves no room ...
Kent McMillan, post: 439387, member: 3 wrote: I don't know enough about the projections that the Trimble salespeople convinced their customers to use,...
Kent, you know nothing about surveying in Colorado. Please stop your juvenile debating tactic of rephrasing other's words into trite and misleading s...
Kent McMillan, post: 439383, member: 3 wrote: So, what you're saying is that you agree with Keith Williams' nutty views or are you saying that you act...
Kent McMillan, post: 439371, member: 3 wrote: Not at all. As I recall, what I posted was that in its 1888 decision of Clement v. Packer (125 U.S. 309...
Kent McMillan, post: 439354, member: 3 wrote: You've obviously forgotten the context of the discussion, but want to wander in without any means of sup...
Kent McMillan, post: 439339, member: 3 wrote: Actually, the principles laid out in the US Supreme Court's decision in Clement v. Packer have been cite...