Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
To follow up, I have a theory for why the ground position of the Old Lode does not match the record. From the information in the OP, it appears that ...
Yep, just CAD and a blizzard of lines, eh?!? 😉
Let me further flesh out how the Colorado Surveyor General and the various U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyors implemented the Binger Policy. By that, I am...
Loyal, post: 437579, member: 228 wrote: Point of order:Actually, Placer Claims (and Patents thereto) where not authorized until the "Placer Act" of Ju...
Jerry Hastings, post: 437560, member: 9996 wrote: Hey Gene, do you feel like you stepped in to the stuff on this one? I am glad it is you that is fol...
Jerry Hastings, post: 437560, member: 9996 wrote: Hey Gene, do you feel like you stepped in to the stuff on this one? I am glad it is you that is fol...
Paul in PA, post: 437557, member: 236 wrote: The Mill Site calls for the Old Lode line, not vice versa. Any adjustment is to the Mill Site or not at a...
Dave Karoly, post: 437407, member: 94 wrote: Was the east line of the Mill Site set based on its record location and not where it was actually located...
Paul in PA, post: 437399, member: 236 wrote: The Old Lode is Senior, why would you bend it's West line to the Junior Mill Site?You do not show what wa...
Duane Frymire, post: 437398, member: 110 wrote: I'm for #1 because federal lands and mill site is not a mining claim so #3 would not apply. But I wou...
A footnote. Attached is the Departmental letter a year after the June 20, 1899 "circular, where the Assistant Commissioner, W.A. Richards chastised t...
Well, the Ignore feature sure cleaned things up. :)I had mentioned earlier an obscure circular sent by the U.S. Surveyor General for Colorado publish...
Kent McMillan, post: 437380, member: 3 wrote: Well, if ultimately this isn't merely a matter of using the right recipe as recognized at the time of th...
Kent McMillan, post: 437374, member: 3 wrote: So what you're saying is that you found a particular recipe that was well understood to be part of the c...
Dave Karoly, post: 437372, member: 94 wrote: If the senior line is discoverable then it can't be moved.The case could be made that in the case of a co...
roger_LS, post: 437378, member: 11550 wrote: I don't know the answer, but with federal property all around, this feels different than a typical gap be...
Kent McMillan, post: 437370, member: 3 wrote: So, if I understand you, they took issue with your use of the wrong cookbook? I see that Kent is contin...
Dave Karoly, post: 437366, member: 94 wrote: Cor 1 and 4 of the Old Mill Lode are existent. The surveyor of the Mill Site was supposed to find them an...
Kent McMillan, post: 437363, member: 3 wrote: As you may know, parts of Colorado were once part of Texas. If this were in Texas, the operative princip...
Dave,I argued in front of a bunch of federal surveyors back in 2011 that No. 2 was the correct choice. I carried my argument beyond where I should ha...