AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Intro to GPS from Stanford through Coursera

Perhaps more geodesy related is the Modern Navigation course at MIT. Lectures and other materials for the class are available via the Open Course Ware...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The National Geographic/Boston Museum of Science Survey

I am surprised someone has not attempted to pry out this monument. Not to give anyone any ideas...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: someone check my math

I guess I was misled by the implied precision of the answers. BTW, if you remember the factor representing one second of arc in radians you can just m...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 100 Years of Geodetic Surveying In Canada

Thanks for posting this. Some of the images were particularly interesting. I did not see the name for the theodolite used before the adoption of the T...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Constant question

Depending on where you are you might want to use an NGS calibration baseline. It will provide an accurate value for comparison. If you make observatio...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: someone check my math

Why use plane trigonometry? Are you solving a right triangle? Use some basic geometry. Given a distance (R) and angle (theta) solve for the arc length...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Collocation and Kalman filtering - references please

Perhaps more details than you want are here:

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Collocation and Kalman filtering - references please

From the top few recommendations from Google I like those listed below.. You might also want to examine the documentation for the software package GLO...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculating the Radius of Curvature

The Elithorp book mentioned in your other thread has a nice discussion of th various radii used in geodetic computations. It includes some good illust...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GRS 80 not merely geometric

EFB, Unfortunately I do not have the document to which your link refers.With respect to the issue of the incompatibility of a, b and f-inverse, I alwa...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 3874
Reply
RE: OPUS question

Take a look at the chart linked herebr>You will see that even the ultra-rapid orbits are extremely good. Unless the CORS used are extremely distant, I...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Horizontal Datums and Reference Frames

Perhaps thinking about this issue as a leveling circuit might help. Running levels between four points A, B, C and D in the following manner: A-...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet 8 HARN

Not exactly sure if you are saying you manually typed in CORS coordinates or whether there is an option in the program to retrieve them from the NGS s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Horizontal Datums and Reference Frames

FWIW, I recommend the book " Geodesy for GIS and Geomatics Professionals," by Elithorp and Findorff. It can be ordered through: I used it in an underg...

12 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: OPUS X90

More on NUDETAlso of possible interestThe Global Positioning Satellite Nuclear Event DetectorOn occasion, you may see one or more short bursts of rfi,...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS X90

Space WeatherNot exactly new. See:br>NUDET a long-standing capability. Taken from the link:The two NDC packages will include x-ray and optical sensors...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about the Fundamental Frequencies for L1 and L2

Transmission frequencies are regulated by international agreements. The L1, L2 and L5 frequencies are in bands designated for radio navigation.See:br>...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Galileo

Galileo satellites go onto wrong, lower orbitShazbot.

12 years ago
Page 63 / 78