Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Tamucc now on lineThe TAMUCC surveying undersgraduate program is now all on-line.See:br>BTW, this site also has links to a number of scholarships avai...
2014 EphemerisEphemeris available here:
Good advice inbr>I'd look for distant lighted objects like radio towers, etc I imagine there are some old Wild target sets on eBay. Fabricating someth...
Unfortunately, while the FGCS has created standards and specifications for survey work other standards exist both historically and even currently.I li...
Found it!Looks like you posted a different datasheet after I wrote the info below...The datasheet you posted is NOT an official NGS product. Note that...
As otherwise noted, you can always try to contact the USGS for more info from their non-digitized files. I used to call their center in Rolla, MO. The...
Take a look at this page showing USGS map symbology:br>Looks like it should have been a "tablet."(corrected after I read the linked document again..:'...
Very amusing. Thanks for posting.
An azimuth mark was established to provide azimuth for the station. The short distance is undoubtedly due to limited options. It should be verified by...
You can retrieve monuments of all types published by the NGS at:br>I encourage to read the file ngsdata.txt linke from each datasheet. It explains the...
T4 for sale only $45,000 (US)Only $45K US with free FedEx Smart Post shipping to US!
br>The link above is to an NGS observer (in the early 70's??)
FWIW,There is a nice intro to geodetic astronomy lecture notes available from UNB atToo bad it has fallen from most geodesy curricula.
Video can be accessed via a link on the NGS site's home page.
Her autobiography, "Geodesy: What's that?" was certainly an interesting read. Amazing what science was able to achieve in the days before GPS and mode...
Making snide remarks based on a book's title is hardly contributing to the discussion. Here is a Library Journal review. Sounds interesting to me.In a...
For self-study the U.S. Army manuals are good. Seebr>As otherwise noted, there are many types and purposes possible.
Take a look at the Wolf and Ghilani Elementary Surveying textbook available for free download at:
FWIW, I enjoyed the article and commend the author for making this topic entertaining and informative. The "quibble" here that the author did not spec...