AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
foggyidea
foggyidea
@foggyidea
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 9:43 am
Topics: 348 / Replies: 3114
Reply
RE: FCC Narrowbanding Question

Reading the specs on my sokkia gsr2700isx I find the radio link to read;"UHF 12.5 kHz channel spacing" Am I all good then?And how do I go about che...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina boys

"My local County Surveyor not only wants us to specify the diameter of what we set..."

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Radios - what do you use ?

Radios - what do you use ?>Jim FrameWell now you have brought up something that I'm not familiar with regarding narrow band vs. others....Can you p...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Radios - what do you use ?

motorola sp50's nice and small with clip on mic's...always have used them, probably always will. good range and the clip on mic is worth every ext...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: when a guard stake just won't do...

yeah that's kind of stupid, all that flagging....I use flagging to help me re-find something. Doesn't look like that site needs any flagging!

14 years ago
Reply
14 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina boys

Local Practice is what matters.I'm a bit guilty of this myself. I don't label pipe or pin sizes. We don't have a "pin cushion" issue around here, s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Brown, Robillard, Wilson, Skelton, Clark, et al

Standard of Practice.I have used them as references in court cases, providing copies of the title page and various sections.They have been quoted in s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NAVD 88 height vs NAVD elevation

oh yeah...but I hadn't pegged my level, or anything! ok, it's just a GPS tie since my error budget is a tenth...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Again with the Kingston job>intersting find

I found a series of bunkers on one job out in the woods...Trenches that had been dugout and covered, about 50%, with plywood. A total of about 75' lo...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Olympics

Oh yeah, fastest setup with a transit on stiff legs with a plumb bob!

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Again with the Kingston job>intersting find

Except for how trashed the place was I was mildly envious. Nice job on the yert though.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NAVD 88 height vs NAVD elevation

I see that "Roadburner" answered my question. I was thinking thatthe two benches were on the same datum and that NGS ortho height equaled NAVD eleva...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Olympics

traverse with a compass and pacing was fun at our rendezvous. Just a short three sided traverse.

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 686
Reply
RE: NAVD 88 height vs NAVD elevation

It makes me a little nervous when differing government agencies have such similar results, and to find the ortho height virtually the same as the elev...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NAVD 88 height vs NAVD elevation

yeah, about elevation 15 NAVDZ42 or PID LW1551 per noaa is NAVD 88 ortho height 15.22I find that it's elevation is 15.25 using a NAVD MA Highway bench...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 1152
Reply
RE: Update on Kingston "Ground Truthing"

Yup Eddie, that's what it is..... This is a marsh restoration project and one goal is to get rid of those!

14 years ago
Page 111 / 174