AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: What would you do? LONG

If the parties had marked it out themselves, then measured it themselves or asked the surveyor to merely locate and describe the stakes they set, then...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do? LONG

Actually there is no error mentioned at all.The Farmer actually testified to a fact that be in his/her interest at this point? I'm pretty sure that's...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do? LONG

I think there's a good chance a court would grant the 200 missing feet. Given that both parties thought the original surveyor was doing one thing, an...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: When land was cheap(?)

Land has never been cheap, and that argument is made only by those who don't know what they are talking about.Original surveys are as accurate as they...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: About "original" monuments . . . and pro-ration

Good post Luke, but I think this is a case where the law and common sense are actually in harmony.First, I've noticed that most of the previous survey...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO original field books

So the "official" field notes are opinion rather than fact in the government surveys. I had not caught that before; very interesting.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: quasi-scientific poll (PLSS Surveyors only)

10 - Wouldn't be a quarter corner otherwise; now if you ask me whether it has to be on a "straight" line between the two....:)28 years, not licensed i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Ethics Question

By making your concerns known to the contractor you have thrust yourself into the situation. You went beyond what was required of the contract, volun...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: When is it ok to pull another surveyor's monuments?

Per the board answer, and I agree with it, this is a new project. It is not a matter of resuming or finalizing. The previous surveyor is not going t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Wants to Create A Pin Farm

I'd take the detector with and look again before setting anything. I've seen a lot of monuments missed because something more obvious was next to the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling Larry P

I agree. I only wonder what took them so long. Here in NY we also have reports of law enforcement setting lines between arguing landowners to settle...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What exactly is a cemetery?

Larry and all,Please excuse my frustration showing through. But I do believe that property boundaries will not sustain the profession because they ar...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What exactly is a cemetery?

The real question is ..Depends on the dictionary it's not in?

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What exactly is a cemetery?

"It seems that some of the planners in that area are requiring surveyors to put a note on their plats that there are no human burial grounds or cemete...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Roadway abandonment

I'm guessing the attorneys told them that because the sewer easement is included in the public easement, they don't have to obtain one. Abandonment o...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy Vermont Septic Rules

The rules depend on the site conditions. Steep slopes, pervious soils, shallow groundwater and bedrock, all would tend to require a larger seperation...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion professionalism?

Excellent post Adam. The situation presented is anything but clear. Even if we jump to the conclusion that the poster is correct, we don't have enou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: $698 for ALTA with Topo

On the other hand, price could be the only issue. How could you get quality, educated, experienced people in an endeavor that does not pay well? If ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: survey report

No kidding, yikes! I wish some would please wake up from whatever dream they are having.Here you have a title company form designed to help the attor...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey doesn't match deeds

The problem you have is a typical one and has to do with location on the ground of what you own. These problems are caused by writings and actions of...

14 years ago
Page 72 / 97