AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: So the deed says II.....

The four corners rule has gone the way of the horse and buggy. There is the occassional application but usually it does not apply. A habendum clause...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: So the Deed says......

So,1848 plat of lot 3 with no particular location info.Sometime after that a deed with distance mentioned but no info on where it came from, and no mo...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

JB, It is fine for surveyors to learn the basic rules of law regarding civil procedure and evidence. However, both those areas of law are specialties...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: UPDATE to year old thread double 1/4 corner thread

"I'm not going to call the fence the quarter section line, just the boundary (but it is the boundary according to the original description and the bou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

Sure, but I would just be repeating myself, and I'm sure you would find a way to spin it. I don't want to discourage surveyors from following your pe...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

Well, all I can say is you're living in a different universe of law there in Utah. But if it works for ya it's all good.Duane

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

"If you are "resorting" to questioning witnesses, then it's no wonder they are hostile. When you tell them your opinion of the boundary location just ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

David, I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't always want to let the testimony take a course directed by the imagination of the witness. In the q...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

Sure, I have the opposite reaction too. But I think we are straying from the original premise now. Maybe I've miscontrued it. Neutral questions are...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

JB, if I have to resort to questioning witnesses, then they are hostile. Surveying is not a court of law as you seem to believe. It is an investigat...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do so many surveyors have a problem with this?

It's called the ......I know Lucas is quite entertaining, but I think he needs to be taken with a grain of salt. These issues are extremely complicat...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Questions

Well client, the fence appears to be the boundary (or not). Is that what you thought too? Client: Well, you're the surveyor, what does my deed say?...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do so many surveyors have a problem with this?

Link to the caseYeah, the legal terminology I would use is that the fence is an "accessory" to the corner. Corroborating evidence of that can be larg...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do so many surveyors have a problem with this?

Link to the caseAhh, a dead giveaway, then you know you're actually performing a retracement:) I know, what's so hard to understand about that?

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why do so many surveyors have a problem with this?

Link to the caseTo me it is merely a correct retracement survey. I think it was incorrect to decide it under an acquiesence claim, but the court can ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotting in Model Space or Paper Space

Does your paper go over the whole text problem? I would like to be able to draw text, insert labels and dimensions, etc. in model space and then be a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: TRACT TIE IN COST

Don't give it away!Hmmm, upstate NY; aren't you supposed to eat the "tie in" AND the "lots of work left"? This in exchange for the "lots more work" b...

14 years ago
Page 73 / 97