AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Geodetic N ref Bearings & OPUS-RS SPC solutions

The simple equations are:Grid Azimuth = Geodetic Azimuth - ConvergenceGeodetic Azimuth = Grid Azimuth + ConvergenceNote: Equations assume that the arc...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Surveying Truck?

I started my own business a year ago and I went with one like Truck 2 (the white 2010 Ford F-150 4 door). It looks just like the one I got and that is...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Final Signed Sealed PDF Files

> I've wondered the same thing. In Florida, a raised seal is also required with signature. Does anyone know if Florida accepts electronic signatu...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate Question

> A prospective client has a zone A designation> > The FIRM states clearly: "1% annual chance flood discharge contained in channel"> > ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Final Signed Sealed PDF Files

> Wondering how many of us send out PDF files with a signature (scanned, traced in CAD or otherwise). I know in Oregon this is not permitted by the...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring in person. aka 1/4 of a mile is not 1320 feet?

So by not holding the monument, his entire parcel moved 32 feet to the west (if I am reading it right). Where that monument came from could be importa...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Request for GPS data Florida

You might want to call this guy with FDOT. He was able to give me some of their CORS data from last month.Ronald Hanson, PSMFPRN ManagerFlorida Depart...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pretty much done with IntelliCAD

About 20-30% of my jobs are on State Plane and have not had a problem with it. I worked with IntelliCAD 6 for a couple of weeks and I found it to be a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pretty much done with IntelliCAD

I switched from Carlson 2012 on AutoCAD Civil3D to Carlson 2013 on IntelliCAD when I started my own business and I haven't looked back. I do mostly sm...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Attorney RING RING

I guess we're just rubes here in Florida (at least where I'm at). Listing the Buyer, Bank, Title Agent and Title Underwriter on a boundary survey for ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

> I tried that with no success, you may have more success with a wifi card, but i am not sure the pocket pc version would work anyways. I had major...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

> What information are you using to dial?> The number to dial should be *99# and the APN should isp.cingularI tried *99# and *99***1# with no su...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

I was hoping to do this without much expense. I guess I will have to break down and buy something else. :'(

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

> can you access the internet on your recon over the iphone?No access. It tries to dial out, but it does not appear to see the iPhone as a Bluetoot...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

> You say you have mobile tethering enabled, but are you paying for tethering through your cell provider? Most cell companies charge extra (mine i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Bluetooth Tethering iPhone 4S to TDS Pocket PC

> Could it be related to the changes in the Florida system right now? I hear they are not providing corrections to the intermediary companies (eg....

13 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Florida FDOT RTK Network

Just got the following email:Cary,The FPRN system is not down, we are simply not communicating with the NGS at this moment.We can supply you with the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida FDOT RTK Network

I have been trying to do OPUS-RS sessions in Florida and I keep getting them aborted because I don't have any CORS sites within 250km. Apparently NGS ...

13 years ago
Page 31 / 42