AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Deed Room Antics

In most of the counties I work, you don't ever see the books. Its either online or microfilm.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Job Schedule Software?

You can export data from your Info-Retriever database> look at it carefully before you commit to it. one major fault in it is that you cannot expor...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS CERTIFIED SURVEY TECHNICIAN ?

Lack Of Education Opportunity?The price tag might not be that bad. If you go to local state college for your non-core credits, it could be a little ov...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: WOW! Check Out This Surveying Colleges List I found

The University of Florida really has about 40 students right now (which is about half the number they had before the recession). Back before the reces...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS CERTIFIED SURVEY TECHNICIAN ?

Lack Of Education Opportunity?I stand corrected. I see that University of Florida is offering an online Certificate in Geomatics. It appears you only ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS CERTIFIED SURVEY TECHNICIAN ?

Should Level III Be Able To Pass Fundamentals Exam?One of the things I see lacking (at least around here) is educational opportunities for survey tech...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS CERTIFIED SURVEY TECHNICIAN ?

I think licensed surveyors should require it of their employees. If they don't have it when you hire them, they should be on probation until they do. ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 169 Acres Topo'd for HOW MUCH !?!

Marc,What estimating manual are you referring to?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 169 Acres Topo'd for HOW MUCH !?!

I am new at estimation, but I would guess $35,000 for the topo + $5 per tree (thats going to be the expensive part, maybe double the topo cost) and I ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: mechanical pencils

Pentel model P205 - the Surveyor's choiceDown in my neck of the woods, the Pentel P205 is the only mechanical pencil I have ever seen used in the fiel...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: FDOT Network, Hipers, TDS Survey Pro --- Does it work?

The Survey Equipment Compatability BluesSomeone ought to write a song about the struggles of the surveyor trying to get all of his equipment to work t...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 955
Reply
RE: 45' and T=9.89 25'R

I would read the 45 as the distance along the rear line. The T=9.89' and R=25' are curve data elements denoting a 25 foot radius curve with a tangent ...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 529
Reply
RE: Recon w/ Surv CE

Topcon APL1s don't work on SurvCE after version 2.09Just be aware that the Topcon APL1 or APL1A total stations are not supported (don't know why, its ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TDS Job File or RAW Data File to acceptable OPUS Format

I have the exact same setup, except I have a Hiper Lite Plus. I tried to log GPS data once with the data collector and it would not let me. I assumed ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson F2F Point/Symbol Grouping Issue

> Try this: First run your F2F with all items to be drawn, ie, points,lines and symbols. Then do an "erase points". The synbols will disappear too....

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1701
Page 26 / 42