AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Ground distance label on grid project - Carlson

> This has to be a NYS DEC project. For the life of me, I can not understand why they require ground distances to be shown. I have heard the comm...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hipers on RTN

Yes, getting the RTN setup up and running was my excuse to get a new data collector. I had a TDS Recon running Survey Pro 4.5. No can do on that one (...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hipers on RTN

> I know this is a little off subject, but would the use a plug-in cellular modem like a Raven Air-link on a Hiper GGD be a poor setup? Or is ther...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is Anybody Still Using CMM?

Haven't used it in a long time and then I only dabbled with it (an it may have been GMM, I don't remember). It's my understanding that the BLM now use...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Corporation type?

I am a solo surveyor set up as a sole proprietor. I couldn't really see the advantage in LLC or incorporating. The so called limits in liability only ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys & Profitability

Those prices sound like the ones around my neck of the woods. The prices are about the same as they were 20 years ago. I had a quote request the other...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Stinging plants

Florida Nettles - Try Baking Soda Paste...There are a few different varieties of Stinging Nettle in Florida.Maybe the Dwarf Nettle (Urtica urens)?Also...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Juniper Archer 2

Have you tried doing a screen calibration?I have recently upgraded from a TDS Recon to a Carlson Surveyor+ (same as a Juniper TK6000) and I am liking ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate

> All that I said was that I have been doing a lot of elevation certificates lately. I said that this home was in the flood plain and that I have n...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate

> I completed an elevation certificate this week. The buyer of the home met me on site and paid me. Somehow during our conversation she mistook or ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Survey - Ring Ring

So, just what kind of Real Estate "Professional" were you talking to? Realtor, Title Company, Bank, Attorney?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to run levels solo

Check out this presentation of the Kozlowski Article. It was made a lot clearer with the picturesElectronic Total Stations are Levels Too Presentation

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to run levels solo

For Solo, Trig-Leveling is the way to go, but you have to know how to do it right. For instance, in true Trig-leveling, you never measure the HI of yo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: New Bird flies tonight........

I could see it just briefly from Ocala. I didn't quite get above the trees from my prospective. Must have started going downrange pretty quickly.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: New Bird flies tonight........

>br>Hopefully, there won't be any clouds so I can watch it go up from my backyard.

13 years ago
Page 27 / 42