Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
>the actions of the market would tend to favor the former over the latter as the horror stories of inept surveys and the resulting costs to clients...
Ok, I was wrong. I never saw a jigsaw puzzle with that weird a shape.
Nails with plastic whiskers? Available from the survey supply companies.Example sellerAnother seller
Notice that it is half a section in area, but the boundary is over twice what a regular half-section would be. Must look like a jigsaw puzzle.
Some review to assure major things aren't left out is good and I can't see eliminating reviews entirely. But it sounds like any change proposal shoul...
>Positional tolerance for a sideshot is calculated by propagating the standard errors of the sideshot measurements from the error ellipse of the co...
Trees happen in a lot of places, maybe more along the fence because of the birds. I don't think birds spread maples, oaks, buckeyes, etc. Fewer spro...
I saw a college class problem from 1982 that illustrated a method that was probably in common use even with transits. Most of the corners of the land...
Finding monuments seems to be the clear winner. That's why I made a hobby of finding and reporting NGS monuments (300 recoveries). But actually my f...
Chord length and bearing are the most directly relatable data to what is on the ground, and therefore most important. The main information you really...
I would encourage you to see if you can find and partner with an archaeologist who is interested in historical work in your state. They are trained t...
An ink jet can probably run off a cheap battery-to-AC power inverter. A laser printer could present a problem for the inverters due to the huge curre...
Reading the rest of the recovery notes, it seems that the original bottle and post were lowered and a disk placed on top.Still, this would make a nice...
The 1960's book indicates that there is an offset (perhaps part of a foot?) to be applied to even a horizontal stadia reading of the transit to accoun...