AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 5:43 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9714
Reply
RE: Benchmarks

>Are NAVD88 elevations Ellipsoidal or Orthometric? Do NAVD88 Elevations depend on what particular Geoid was in effect at that time?NAVD88 is Orthom...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmarks

NAVD88 is a vertical datum. NAD83(xxx) is a horizontal datum. The biggest issues I know of would be which geoid model your software is using, and th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys R Us

Title Policy "Exceptions"So basically all the title insurance covers is something they missed in the public records.I'm glad Iowa doesn't have title i...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Scool traverse question

Old School traverse questionAccording to my "old school" textbook (Davis, Foote, & Kelly, 1960's) the standard method of traversing would be to ho...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Parent Tract?

No legal backing for this opinion, but I'd say:A "parent tract" to the parcel of interest was specifically the larger one it was once a part of, anda ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments-What are they?

> rake (or whatever it is)It's a piece of a spike drag harrow, a now little-used farm implement to break up and smooth tilled ground before plantin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Big land deal...big problem

With that much smaller price, there is a risk that the seller will back out or the broker decide he can't do what he wanted with it. Better they know...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments-What are they?

>a double barrel shotgun barrelPincushioned when originally monumented.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments-What are they?

Perfect! For a while they were probably common at the salvage yard and thus much less expensive than Berntsen breakaway. The base would stay pretty ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishing North with Polaris

>I've never seen a tangent of a tankNor have I ever seen that stated on the NGS data sheets. For smokestacks and standpipes, I would expect them t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishing North with Polaris

>It's a lot easier on land than at seaThat's for sure, but then the requirements get tightened on land. I expect you were pretty happy with 1 arc ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishing North with Polaris

Don't try solar with the S6. Everything I've read says you'll burn out the EDM. Stick to Polaris.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: dts 302 or dts 203...newbie needs advice

A 5" 200 Series Is Absolutely What You WantBuy the best the budget will allow. I am tinkering with measurements just for my own interest and educatio...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SP to Ground

>It's not easy to relate a terrestrial survey to XYZ nor is it easy to relate XYZ to a 2D "level" plane.Indeed. But software could be written with ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: NYT Story

I didn't see any mention of easement by prescription. Maybe that's what the legal battle referred to and the reporter didn't know what it meant.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishing North with Polaris

I have used a sun and Polaris calculator called SPADE, which I found as a free download somewhere. I don't know if the ephemeris in it is still good ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: SP to Ground

Large area projects are far beyond my expertise, but the idea occurs: has anyone done a project like this in XYZ coordinates? There would be no disto...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "owners signature" on subdivision plat

Logic, which has very little to do with regulations, would dictate that the owner must sign some document. I would hope that no one could subdivide m...

12 years ago
Page 410 / 501